Great Teacher Book - What's Wrong With This Picture?

by ezekiel3 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Well,

There are no animals of the clean kind depicted, such as sheep which according to the Bible account either 7 or 14 each were taken on the ark. They must still be on the ark or outside the picture margin.

As to the carnivores, Noah had not yet been given the law against blood. The WTS teaches that at this time humans started eating animals and at this time certain animals became dangerous to humans.

The WTS teaches that "kinds" were taken on the ark. If polar bears were taken on, where are the black bears, the brown bears, the Kodiaks....

Even as an educated child, I found the WTS pictures unrealistic and simplistic, lacking in basic science.

Blondie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

is it because there's a rainbow and it isnt raining?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I like the the orangutan behind the guy in the striped outfit is seen scratching it's head wondering how the hell it got from the jungle of of the isle of Borneo to Turkey? Why would they chose to draw a Maribou (big stork in trees) as they are one of the most repulsive of birds, being carion eaters and also willing to eat anything that moves that will fit into it's beak. Also the presence of an American Bison when a Europen bison would at least have been a little less ridiculous. Also evidently Noah is not the father of the 'races' each of the boys found girls as ethnicly diverse as themselves. Apparently before the flood, parents routinely had babies that bore no resemblance to themselves.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The stumpy tree looks demonic.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I couldn't find Waldo in that picture. Is that who we are supposed to be looking for?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

There's an American Bison; looking rather disconcerted at the prospect of a 15,000 mile walk to the Great Plains where he will have to breed like a maniac in order to produce the vast herds that the settlers will find in just 3,500 years...

CZAR

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Didn't the ark come to rest in the mountains? It seems fairly flat where they are. How many animals died while in the ark leaving only one of the species? I don't see any single animals that would be now extinct, only ones that are still around so there must be a mate somewhere around. I also don't see any of them mating. You'd think after being stuck in the ark over a year they'd be feeling a little frisky! Heck, some dogs can't last an hour without humping something! Why are their clothes so clean? They've been shovelling crap for the past year without running water and the bible doesn't mention them bringing a sewing machine into the ark to make new clothes.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Didn't the rainbow appear when Noah made the sacrifice? I don't see an altar.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

There's vegitation left on the ground after a 40 day flood. The vegitation doesn't seem to be aquatic.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Things seem so out of proportion. That long stay in the ark must have cause some animals to shrink and others to grow abnormally large.

-Doodle-V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit