Another Jackson Payoff!

by Country Girl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

From: http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/ap20040903_395.html Report: Jackson Paid Off Another Accuser Report: Jackson Paid Ranch Employee's Son $2M to Stave Off Another Molestation Accusation
    The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES Sept. 3, 2004 ? Michael Jackson allegedly staved off a child molestation accusation in 1990 with a $2 million payment to the son of an employee at his Neverland Ranch, according to a television report.

The television news magazine by "Dateline NBC," which reported the payment in a segment to be broadcast Friday night, did not disclose its source of information.

In the segment, retired Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Thomas, now an NBC news analyst, said his office investigated Jackson in 1993 in connection with one boy's claim and came upon the second accusation.

The first boy reportedly was paid $15 million to $20 million by Jackson to avoid charges the entertainer thought would damage his career even if proved untrue.

Jackson has denied ever harming any child and is currently fighting charges he molested a boy in 2003.

Jackson's lawyer, Thomas Mesereau Jr., did not immediately return a call Thursday from The Associated Press. Lawyers in the current case are under a strict gag order.

"We always believed there were eight to 10 other children out there," Thomas told "Dateline."

But during interviews, he said, "Many of them said that they had spent time with Michael Jackson. They had spent time in his bedroom, but that nothing had happened. Some wouldn't talk to us at all."

Thomas told the AP the employee's son did not file charges and didn't want to testify "because he was afraid his friends would think he was homosexual."

Thomas has previously discussed the boy's claim, but said he wasn't sure until the Dateline report that Jackson had paid the boy $2 million.

"Dateline" said the settlement contained a clause barring it from being discussed publicly.

Thomas said the 12-year-old accused Jackson of "fondling him through his clothes," which could be the basis of misdemeanor charges. No charges were ever filed.

Both boys who accused Jackson in the 1990s are now in their 20s and are not expected to testify in the current case.

Jackson, 45, has pleaded not guilty to committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. His trial is set to start Jan. 31, 2005.

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

• kls
    kls

How much do people need, to see him for what he is . How many and more times has this pay out been going on. You are not to judge a person till convicted but there is so much ,how can you not.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Makes me so angry! If parents would refuse to take his money, and insist on pressing charges, this guy would have been in jail years ago, and God knows how many little innocent children would not have been violated. Anybody who took hush money from Jacko is his accomplice, as far as I'm concerned.

• kls
    kls

Insomniac, is so right.

• dh
    dh

i don't think he's a child molester at all. i think he had no childhood, and is more comfortable around kids than around adults. think he has no reason to harm kids, and i think he does most of what he does to keep his name alive, because he suffers from fame, there has never been a time in his life when he was not being talked about in the media, so much so that for him not to be talked about would be unnatural. i think he likes to create sensation, and has even been programmed to create sensation, he has a much deeper programming than any of us had as jw's, so his issues will be way deeper, confused, yes, and a lot of other things, but i don't think he is a child molester.

edited re: the charges earlier in this post... the potential for out of court settlement with a person like michael jackson is a pretty strong motive for saying things about him in the first place, the 15 million dollar pay out is testimony to that.

• Mac
    Mac

Though it goes against popular opinion...I'm with DH....

mac

• Panda
    Panda

I also agree with DH. Why do people do this? For the money. I mean yes MJ is freakish. But I doubt he's a child molester. No childhood and no one to tell him the truth about himself... sad life. The kids who accused him had ample opportunity to learn about his personal peculiarities and even birth marks etc. I really wonder at his family. Well maybe not wonder... it's pretty obvious that they hang around for the cash. The plastic surgeon who ruined his face should be prosecuted for not keeping his oath to do no harm. Amazing how a DA'd JW is okay to associate with if they are rich. That whole family is sickening.

• Mac
    Mac

Just a question concerning the Hippocratic oath...do you truly believe a physician would intentionally harm Michael? That's a pretty ballsy surgery if you ask me..."let's intentionally disfigure this icon to millions and possessor of millions...I mean like, hey, what could happen?" Don't think so. Doctors are not gods though, I've known some that think themselves to be such. It's a heavy burden knowing that a simple instance of "mindlesness' can forever effect the life of someone...or perhaps terminate it. How often have you or I screwed up when trying to do our best...we are, after all, human.

No matter how hard we try..how gifted we are.........

we are all victims of mindlessness at one time or another.

mac, be very grateful I'm not a doctor class!!!!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

What a freak. It is sickening to see his "fans" supporting him when he's so obviously guilty as hell.

He should get the electric chair ... he'd probably just melt.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I can kind of see both sides of the story. His trial is set to start in January, 2005. The above child, although paid off $2 million will testify, if asked, in the 2005 trial (even though the article says different -- Dateline said the child would). The DA would have pursued this case, but, as was brought out on Dateline last night, the civil settlement pretty much stopped the child from testifying on behalf of the other child in 1993. It's hard to have a case when you have a hesitant and non-cooperative witness. But.. we'll see. Hopefully, it will be a fair and just finding, whatever it is.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit