Recent weather conditions

by ballistic 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

With all the news on TV lately about the extreme weather conditions affecting the East Coast of the US, the mud slides in the Middle East and South America, along with the dire predictions made by such films as The Day After Tomorrow, we shouldn't forget that England has its share of devastating weather too.

I've attached a photo illustrating the damage caused to a friend's home from a storm that passed through Southern England last night.

It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take things for granted.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

LOL!!

Oh wait.. I'm about to be hit by a hurricane.. that is SO not funny!

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

Ye gads! I hope no one was seriously injured, ballistic.

• Margie
    Margie

I hope your friend has homeowner's insurance.

• kls
    kls

OMG, what is the estimated cost of damage? such devastation,,,,,,,,,,,,Good one Ballistic , we needed that.,,,,,lol

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The other patio chair really doesn't look all that concerned.

Country Girl

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

I certainly hope that they were able to evacaute the other patio furniture. Did somebody call Red Cross?

B

• jwbot
    jwbot

I really needed that....ahh what fun!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I did hear there is another storm coming your way - hope it's not too bad. There have actually been some reasonable storms over here probably down to global warming, but us Brits do have a heritage of services coming to a halt during the most mundane of weather changes.

• kls
    kls

Ballistic, you weren't supposed to show the chair we fell off of. Now they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit