The END is NIGH??

by Samdownunder 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Humankind has proved that they have the ability to adapt to change. If all the water gets poisoned, we'll filter it out. If the air gets polluted, we'll filter it out. The increase in technology is helping us cope with the mess we create from previous technology.

• Erich
    Erich
    If all the water gets poisoned, we'll filter it out. If the air gets polluted, we'll filter it out. The increase in technology is helping us cope with the mess we create from previous technology

Okay: maybe regarding pollution of water. Or air. But that are small parts of the entire problems. Some expert studies show us absolutely non-solvable problems today (cannot be "filtered out" !!):

1) The chaotic finance, economy and currency system. All currencies bases on debts. All states and countries all around the world have high debts. The debts are so high that they cannot be paid by future generations. There is a shear opening more and more.

2) The chaotic political and ideological ideas the world is built therupon. Terrorists, religious fundamentalists and so on..

3) Greedy corporations (global players) are exploiting material resources as well as mental and creative resources in a manner has no example in the whole history of mankind. Note: The turbo-exploitation of PATENTABLE new ideas is as same dangerous as wasting material resources (oil, metals etc.). Future generations have too few possibilities on owning intellectual property. Their life will be boring, poor, disastrous, if only 1% of the mankind owns all resources available. As a result, they will be "slaves" of rich agents, advocates, bosses, managers, and anonymous corporations; instead of living a free and successful life. And that situation will get worse and worse year by year with no chance for an end...

E.

• Erich
    Erich

In addition to my post above:

The WTBS is not in the position to publish ALL dangerous problems. If they do, they would get sued to pay hundred millions of dollars indemnity payments. Greedy lawyers are waiting on opportunities and contingency to sue before the courts.

Futher: Dont watch the state of the world through US-american spectacles. 90% of the world is living in chaotic disastrous circumstances.

There are corrumptive and inhuman situations all around of an amount and a level nobody of you all can imagine.

E.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Futher: Dont watch the state of the world through US-american spectacles. 90% of the world is living in chaotic disastrous circumstances.

US spectacles are what are used to see that 90% of the world appears chaotic - it's a sense of being very afraid of loss - and change - and truth - spawns groups like the wtbts

There are corrumptive and inhuman situations all around of an amount and a level nobody of you all can imagine.

Again, it's a subjective view - some, as with myself, see things such as jwism as the worst presentations of 'corrumptive and inhuman(e) situations', as they corrupt and inhibit the holistic development of humanity by the pretense of the same. I envisage a future where people are not simply allowed to knock on your door for the express purpose of bogus scaremongering, or perhaps one where none but the mentally unwell would pay heed to such a thing anyway: ie. a future where people are whole and the blood of the lamb is evident on the pillars of their houses so the messenger of death simply doesn't enter.

• Valis
    Valis
    The WTBS is not in the position to publish ALL dangerous problems. If they do, they would get sued to pay hundred millions of dollars indemnity payments.

I don't agree with this at all. It goes against speaking the truth. The JWs have always claimed they are truth proclaimers...maybe they aren't in a position to give up some of thier millions is what you really mean. As if they had some insight on the state of world affairs that we dont. As well, they have never disliked a little persecution to prove we are indeed living in the "last times" and they are in the right. BOLLOCKS!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

in recent years.. reading and watching history programs and books i've noticed that ALL thru history every generation thinks its living at the " end". why would now be any different?

• Erich
    Erich

Hello all.

I think there are two different things.

On the one side there is a global disaster: religious, social, financial, political, environmental. Leading to a situation the bible calles "armageddon" - we do not know the manner HOW it would be fulfilled. Sure: the world thereafter have to be different. There ist no way back to the "old state" of the world, because there are too many inconsistencies. If the surviving people would go the establish a "new world" on the SAME fundamentals as before, the system would collapse in the same way as before; faster, earlier. Then you have got the same mess. No, that is no way out. We INDEED need a totally new global system, based on new paradigmas.

On the other hand, there is the question of the role the WTBS will play in the new system. Look at the words in the bible:

"Many will say to me in that day: "Lord, Lord, did we nor prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?" And yet then I will confess to them: "I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness".

E.

• El blanko
    El blanko

Putting the Bible aside for a moment, I do believe that the health of this planet is suffering as a result of collective human greed.

I also can't see many making a determined effort to adjust their lives in order to meet the challenge of a cleaner & safer future.

Often within my own immediate family I will raise these kinds of issues to guage the general attitude within the herd (my family range from working class to lower middle class) and their value system generally speaking promotes their own material growth.

80-90% of my family drive cars and each household aspires to have more than one vehicle on the driveway (one family having 3 cars to date). Each household desires constant upgrades in terms of their material environment - new electronic gadgets, extentions to their property, internal furnishings upgraded every other year etc

Within itself, this is not remarkable and is simply 'the norm', yet these material aspirations existing within my society echo across the planet and register upon available and limited resources.

Then there are issues like food production and consumption to be considered. Intensive farming techniques to meet the consumer demands of cheap meat and related products, which again make us appear from the outside to be little more than pigs with our heads in a trough of swill.

Then the 'subjective' area of the degradation of morality projected throughout the media.

Then we have the wonders of technology being disfigured and channeled into the hideous flesh-churning war machine. We are teaching the world how to tare flesh apart more efficiently.

To my mind, these are dark times and everything I have mentioned so far is truth.

Yet - I also see beauty within humanity.

This world gets me down and raises me up in equal measues

• El blanko
    El blanko

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996302

Reports like that up there are really heart-warming

• Celia
    Celia

Sorry to interrupt, but it's the second thread in two days that I can't read.... I have to scroll to the right to see the whole line, then scroll back to the left to start the next line.... Why are the lines so long ? Is it just my computer, or my 12 in. screen, is it a formatting thing ? or what ?

Sorry, didn't want to hijack, but I'd like to know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit