Got this email out of the blue the other day

by mkr32208 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Mark,

At one time in my career I was exposed to an apostate tape. I found it very unsettling and began to wonder about the truth. But then I went home and actually looked up everything they had talked about. And you know what, they were the liars. Yes, there was a grain of fact in what they were saying but it was very cleverly twisted. I am not saying you have but IF you have listened to "facts" about Jehovah's Witnesses BUT have not done the research you have tasted of poison but not gotten the antidote. You are smarter than that. Do the research. Don't be so lazy. And don't be too proud to change your mind if you find things are different than what you thought. You know we all love you and really do want what is best for you.

SO BEING A GOOD SON I REPLIED!

"And don't be too proud to change your mind if you find things are different than what you thought."

I no longer believe that this religion is the truth. I am not trying to change your beliefs. You are happy with them and welcome to believe whatever you wish. I choose not to, my reasons are my own, there are many of them not just one. As I don't wish to cause waves I don't attempt to discuss religion with the family at all. As to what "apostates" say who cares, believe what you wish. If you have questions then you seek answers, but be aware that if you seek you may just find!

I haven't really heard back from her... what do you guys think?

• jwbot
    jwbot

Who is the email from? Your sister? Mother?

It is very typical of JW's to say they have researched but its such a lie. Its not research when you just look from one source (the watchtower publishing company). My mom said the other day on the phone that she too had questions but she researched and found the society to be true! Such bullshit!

• Iforget
    Iforget

LOVED IT!!!! Good reply. Keep us up to date with any responses.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Oh dur...your mom. nmind.

• desib77
    desib77

Very good response!

• kls
    kls

I agree with the panel. You are standing your ground and not trying to force your Apostate thoughts on them ( for now ). I wonder how long ago they looked up the JWS teaching and how much resources they had? If in fact they did look maybe one day you could get your foot in the door .

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YOU MIGHT ASK YOUR MOM TO GIVE YOU THE SOURCES OF HER IMFORMATION OR TO MAIL YOU COPIES.

THIS WILL TELL YOU WHAT SHE HAS OR DOES NOT HAVE AND WHERE IT CAME FROM.

ALWAYS DO THIS (IF YOU DO) IN A KIND AND LOVING WAY.

AS THIS MAY CHANGE YOUR THINKING TO AGREE WITH HERS???

KINDA SNEAKY I KNOW.

Outoftheorg

• willyloman
    willyloman

Here's the letter the way it would have read, IF I were related to you and IF I had written it:

Mark,

At one time in my career I was exposed to an apostate tape. I found it very unsettling and began to wonder about the truth. I went home and actually looked up everything they had talked about. And you know what, it was all true! Once you have learned the "facts" about Jehovah's Witnesses and have done the research, you recognize that WTS doctrine is really spiritual poison and you begin to seek the antidote. You come out of your dub-induced fog and become a lot smarter! All because you did the research and weren't too proud to change your mind when you found the real truth is very different than what you were taught. You know we all love you and really do want what is best for you.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Requesting reference material is a great start, but be sure to say that you are a "seeker of truth" no matter what the source. If it is faulty, it is not the truth and you will avoid it like poison. So make her go to the well. It will easy to get the bias on the table and good scholarly standards will put the screws to the dubbies every time.

carmel

• Seven666
    Seven666

hi everyone, im new to the forum :)

ok im 21 years old and when i left the org i was 17. i ended up living with people all over the place and ever became homeless for a while, i blame my lack of responsibility and experience for that. the reason i left home originally was because i met a girl who was a catholic and we started going out, my dad found out and he said. " you can continue going out with her and move out, or you can break up with her and stay". well i was 17 and you know what i did. but now that im gone im glad i left in the first place, now that my life is stable im happier than i ever was in the org.

my dad still sends me letters like that. it seems to me like thats the only thing he cares about, getting me back, like im an investment gone bad that hes trying to still make money on. when i was homeless and asked for help, he told me to find a homeless shelter and get a blanket there. i cant remember the last time he said i love you.........

by the way, my dad is an elder of 10 years and my mom is a regular pioneer of 14

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit