Have scientists found "a new earth"???

by Nathan Natas 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

These people are introducing data and information for mankind that will last forever.

Not really.. their theories are as uncertain as everything else in this world.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-famous-scientific-theories-that-turned-out-to-be-wrong.php

and more..

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2010/11/the-top-10-most-spectacularly-wrong-widely-held-scientific-theories/

Who want's to be remembered for being wrong eh?

I'm not competing here.. just keeping an open mind. Science is not my new God.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Who wants to know when they are wrong..... SCIENTISTS..... because they want to be right!

Let me put it this way, these people want to know the truth, want to know how the world works.....so being wrong is useless..... now do you get it?

Lastly, who sees science as a god? Tthat is the most ridiculous thing I have read here. Science is a 5 stage process that anyone can use to test an idea, the last stage being peer review (which in YOUR example worked perfectly well and we learned something). Calling a 5 stage processs of testing a god is just weird and indicates you have no idea what 'science' even means. Science is just a process that works for testing ideas, that is all. We have had the process approx 150 years and we have used it to go from riding horses to space shuttles in just two generations of people!

THIS is what you are calling a god.....anyone ignorantly not knowing what science is may nod along, I used to... but look at what science is...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Update: Exoplanets.org

There are now 1518 confirmed exoplanets with another 4112 unconfirmed Kepler candidates.

• kepler
    kepler

Terry,

You must be heavier than I was led to believe. Or at any rate, I think there is hope for your mobility on planet X if there is ever a cultural exchange.

If the planet is 14 times as massive as Earth and the same density then its radius increases with the cube root. That makes it 2.4 times the diameter or radius. Surface gravity is inversely proportional to radius squared. So I get 2.4 times as heavy there. If an individual weighs 150 lbs here, then they ought to weigh 361 pounds there. Not too comfortable, but in the age of obesity, there are people here on Earth who might have weighed 150 lbs a century ago, but are carrying something like that now. Call it a variation on the generation theme. But to illustrate: Saturn is 95 times more massive than Earth, but owing to relations like that and lower density, the surface gravity is about the same. Jupiter is about ten times as wide, denser than water and about 330 times as massive as Earth. Surface acceleration, if I remember right, is about 2.6 gravities.

I do see a report that one of the so-called candidate habitable exoplanets has vanished from the list. Apparently an artifact of observations. More details should appear in the journal Science in a week or so.

Oh, yeah. The issue with the period of nine days? The exo planet is not going around our sun, but another one out there. It's different in that it is less massive and less luminous. Luminosity drops off faster than mass. Mass luminosity relations are about third or fourth power. But the consequence of that is that stars with low luminosity last much longer too. It's one of those places that you don't have to worry about the lights going out before an eternity with the GB will end.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I Like how stupid people assue Earth has all the life in the universe...

Life evolves by natural selection NOT BY CHANCE!

There is alot of life... BUT Most is Single celled... the rest is different for Earth...

On some Earth-like planet I suspect mnay forms of life will be found but the ones proposed here will be differnt for various reasons... BTW>>

Once found give a finger to the WBTS and walk away since they have preached solidly there is no life on other planets...F.. them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit