NFL 2004

by Big Tex 65 Replies latest social physical

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It's official: Deion has signed with Baltimore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1871188

Too bad Dallas couldn't sign him. After last night, the Cowboys need all the secondary help they can get. I'd be tempted to give Green Bay a 2nd for Mike McKenzie. Right CB is a black hole on this team and we've got Randy Moss coming up.

I think the NFC will come down to Seattle and Philadelphia. Right now I'm leaning toward Seattle as Philly has some depth problems, and Seattle has a better ground game.

I think the AFC is tough to predict. There's Indy and New England as the two best teams, but then there are Jacksonville, Baltimore and Kansas City who each could be Cinderella teams. Imagine if you could combine the Ravens' defense and KC's offense. Wow!

Right now I lean toward Indianapolis, just because it is so hard for a team to repeat. But I don't feel good picking against New England, especially after they've added Dillon.

I think San Diego will be fighting Arizona and the Giants for the first pick in the draft.

• Badger
    Badger

Dallas doesn't want Deion...they need people on defense who tackle.

AFC teams: East: Pats. North: Bengals. West: Chiefs. South: Colts. Wildcards: Broncos, Titans.

NFC teams: East: Eagles. North: Vikings. West: Seahawks. South: Bucs. Wildcards: Falcons, Packers

Super Bowl: Chiefs and Bucs...same as every year...

• Sassy
    Sassy

too bad they didn't get Deion back..

We were watching the game last night at a local sports bar..

Sassy.. who can't wait to get a dish so she can see her Vikings games

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The steelers are looking sharp so far. Just preseason, but I have hopes for a winning season for a change.

Oh yeah, cowboys suck. Almost as bad as cleveland.

CZAR

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Minnesota is going to whup up on Dallas I'm afraid. But they always seem to choke. Maybe it's leftover from all those Super Bowls they lost in the 70s.

BadgerBadgerBadger, how can you pick Tampa Bay? I can't see Brad Johnson making it the whole season. Gruden does not like him, and the defense is just about worn out. I don't even think they'll win their division. NFC South has got to be the most competitve though from top to bottom. New Orleans, Atlanta and Carolina all could win it this year. You must be a Gunther Cunningham fan though if you pick KC. He's the only change they made to their defense and he's the coordindator.

AFC teams: East: Pats. North: Bengals. West: Chiefs. South: Colts. Wildcards: Broncos, Titans.

NFC teams: East: Eagles. North: Vikings. West: Seahawks. South: Bucs. Wildcards: Falcons, Packers

I can't remember what I said over on Slippy's board, so I'll make picks again.

AFC East: New England
    AFC North: Baltimore
    AFC South: Indianapolis
    AFC West: Kansas City
    Wildcards: Tennessee and Jacksonville

NFC East: Philadelphia
    NFC North: Green Bay
    NFC South: New Orleans
    NFC West: Seattle
    Wildcards: Minnesota and Detroit

Super Bowl: Seattle and Indianapolis with the Seahawks winning it.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Right CB is a black hole on this team and we've got Randy Moss coming up

Lunchtime!!!!

• Badger
    Badger
    BadgerBadgerBadger, how can you pick Tampa Bay?

and

You must be a Gunther Cunningham fan though if you pick KC. He's the only change they made to their defense and he's the coordindator.

The Bucs and Chiefs are my teams...I've picked them in every Super Bowl since 1978.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

So the 80s were a rough time for you, eh?

Care to give us Mario Edwards back?

• crownboy
    crownboy

My predictions for 2004:

AFC East: New York Jets (my team, so I'm biased )

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens

AFC South: Indianapolis Colts

AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs

AFC Wild Card: New England Patriots, Cincinatti Bengals

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys (look at all the former Jets on the team )

NFC North: Green Bay Packers

NFC South: Carolina Panthers

NFC West: Seattle Seahawks

NFC Wild Card: St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl prediction: NY Jets over Seattle Seahawks

• Badger
    Badger

the 80's...yup...I was 6-16 years old, a JW, and two teams in the crapper.

Also:

Rookie of the Year: Tommie Harris, Chicago Bears

MVP: Priest Holmes, Kansas City

Coach of the Year: Jeff Fisher, Tennessee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit