Another example of WTS anthropology - The Flood and racial differences

by Pole 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    What I find interesting here is that today they are finding unwater ruins of ancient civilizations off the coast of japan and india .

Cain to his children: "Who ever gets to Japan first wins!"

• Mac
    Mac

(c) the rhythm method...a risky hypothesis but one worth exploring...

mac, don't fence me in class

• Pole
    Pole

d) the hardly relevant poem method

• Mac
    Mac

.....never underestimate the sublime relevance of poetry....

NEVER!!

mac

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Noah never preached to anyone. God said he was gonna kill them all and unlike abraham with sodom noah didnt even argue with god about it. THe noah preaching thing is just propaganda. THe more you read this story the dumber it gets. I mean even when it was writen I am sure someone had a problem with it (there are cities that seemed to not even know god had flooded them with water and drowned their grandparents). Or much like today they assumed it happend 4000 years ago too.

• Pole
    Pole

Remember XQ there are a lot of unknowns :).

I meant he may have been a "silent witness" - it took him 120 years to build the ARK, so everybody in the area must have heard about him. THey must have asked him questions, like "hey, dude why do you need this big wooden box?" To which he could have replied: "Repent and help me or thou shalt drown". That's what I meant by preaching. That's what I meant by God projecting a virtual hologram of Noah and the Ark in Japan, so that the pre-Flood stubborn Japanese could repent and be saved.

If that wasn't the case then I don't care anyway.

That would mean, Noah didn't preach, and God killed off all those wicked folks anyway, because he knew they were wicked. Yet another miracle.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

um if you read the story God did not care he was going to kill everything Noah was plan-B .

Gen 6.

5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
    7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them." (wahoo one planet killer asteroid comming up)
    8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. (ah dang it)

17 "Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.
    18 "But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark--you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

See everyone else was screwed.

• Pole
    Pole

XQsThaiPoes, Thanks for this insight. Makes a lot of sense if you take things at face value. WHich is basically what we should do when GOd's speaking, innit? I was just too apologetic about God's motivations. :)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Another thing to remember is that light features are recessive, or at times, they're rare mutations that aren't usually passed on to other generations.

• heathen
    heathen

XQ-- made a good point . The world was doomed reguardless of any preaching that the WTBTS has him doing . It's interesting how they show people banging on the door and such in the publications but the account does not say that or anything about noah preaching to anybody . The time line for the event can't really be proven by the WTBTS or anybody else . The WTBTS believes they can add up the average life span of the people mentioned in the line of adam to come up with a date . True the expecting to find evidence is not evidence , can't argue there but I do think it very interesting . I've been in a few of these debates before and the evidence today is argued between scientists and theologians as to whether there was an ice age or a flood . Glaciers and such just don't form from rain water so where did they come from ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit