Disfellowshipped at 85!

by Voyager 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Voyager
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i had read that before. its really sad. of course the things he was taught in the 30s are not what is being taught today. poor old fella probably doesnt know what to believe. ...regardless he loves jehovah and should have been treated with more love.

• dh
    dh

what a sad story. maybe we should all write to him.

• El blanko
    El blanko

The problem this old timer had is the same that many have. They read the scriptures and work out their personal understanding and then come under fire by 'those who know better'.

That is one major problem with the Christian faith - it encourages the arrogant prophet to come to the surface in many; when certain areas of the faith are obviously deeply subjective.

Abandoning a man when he is 85 is a disgrace. Why they couldn't simply have accommodated him, whilst not encouraging him to teach (James 3:1-2 ???) is beyond me. Pathetic and spineless people.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Imagine this.

Just how many people do you know who were JW's for over 50-60 years? How many of them are still alive?

I imagine if there were still a lot of them alive that there would be a lot more df'ings because a lot of what they hold to is "old"light and most aged people are pretty set in their ways.

SHAME on those elders and SHAME on Brooklyn for allowing and encouraging this. ....... DISGUSTING!

HappyDad

• minimus
    minimus

We had a brother in his 80's that half the body wanted to df because he wouldn't listen to them. He'd go knocking on doors while others were in the territory doing the same street. When told it was "their territory", he'd scoff and continue doing whatever he felt like doing. Or he'd give a talk or make a comment and mention a certain elder by name and tell the congregation why he sucked.

• toreador
    toreador

Interesting articles!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yes I recall reading that sometime ago so I think it is fairly old story so the poor old fellow maybe dead now.

Will

• Voyager
    Voyager

Thank You all for your comments. I just felt really bad for the old fellow. Being treated in such a unloving way. When JWs (claim) to be the (most loving and happiest) people on earth. Sad really sad--how (ALL OF US) have been treated!

Voyager

• metatron
    metatron

I think this well illustrates what I've been saying for some time, namely that in recent years elders have become

deeply corrupt and the Society does nothing about it, particularily in cases in which people are disfellowshipped

just because they feel like it. There are no rules herein except that they can do whatever they want, without ethics

or moral principles getting in their way.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit