If this doesn't work this time please DF me ... my 1/2 day at an IBSA conv.

by Glenmore 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

About six months ago I contacted the local Bible Students reps and met with them at their home (mobile home). I got the Pyramid Dispensation lecture and bought Studies in the Scriptures.

The people were lovely; simply lovely. That "old feeling"; the good one, came back to me for awhile. I read Studies in the Scriptures and thought it was, in its own way, a kind of masterpiece.

I then came back to Earth and read the one chapter I'd saved for last on the Pyramid passages. Naturally the crackpot nature of it all was driven home to me.

You can apply good-heartedness, dedication, talent for writing, persuasion and sincerety to any number of causes in this world and have a remarkably cogent result. But, the bottom line is: What is it worth?

There is nothing in religion that is worth trading your life in the real world for.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. The only way to get free from religion is to give up the comforting beauty of the make-believe. Wonderful people are in all walks of life. Some of the beautiful and splendid people in this world don't carry religion around on their backs like a turtle's shell.

For me, I'm a Godaholic and I can't drink even one drop without getting drunk on my ass. C.T.Russell had some powerful home brew and its effects are still being felt throughout the planet earth. Unfortunately, most of the effects are deadly.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I'm a Godaholic and I can't drink even one drop without getting drunk on my ass

Which explains why many of us wound up here, in this halfway house, on the road to recovery.

• RR
    RR

You call this place a "half way house? LOLOLOLOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit