What We Share, What We Don't

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This certainly has been an interesting week! I will not going into details about anything personal on the board simply because I don't feel it's the place. I would like to say that I appreciate the mods, Simon and Ang for their actions and their principled caring of people! For what it's worth, if a poster wants to share a happiness or a sorrow, I can see why they would pick this place, especially after making friends with so many. We are constantly reminded to be careful to not express too many details of personal information as it can come back to bite you. It is a given that we would not want anyone else to express personal information about us either, especially if it is done without our knowledge and without our consent......I do think that people say and do things they might regret. Hey, life goes on. I want to thank all of my friends for their words of encouragment as well as their suggestions.The World Wide Web is quite the place----ain't it?

• ballistic
    ballistic

yep, sure is. I was wondering when you were going to find out.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

This place has reality shows beat all to pieces and then some. Mini, I hope everything gets straightened out and there is at least friendship at the end.

Love,

Nina

• waiting
    waiting
    The World Wide Web is quite the place----ain't it? - min

ain't that the truth. It's been terribly busy for my family lately, so I know not a lot about a lot.......but take care.

waiting

• shamus
    shamus

When you share details of your life here, you get outted. It's inevitable. Some may argue that it does not happen, but it does, believe me. It's happened to me. I've gotten rather sick that my life with the dubs is now a public spectacle for millions to see.

I've seen my share of strange and bizarre people here. People who think they're Jesus Christ, people who are obviously psychotic, and people who are just plain strange. But that's only they're internet persona. Many people who seem normal here could very well be very strange indeed.

If you realize it or not, you only share with these people what you want them to see; not what you do not want them to see. Social situations are much more revealing that this message board.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

It is a given that we would not want anyone else to express personal information about us either, especially if it is done without our knowledge and without our consent......

How true, it can be a real bitch when we find out that very personal things are being shared without our knowledge and without our consent.
  • neverthere
    neverthere

Hey Minimus, I don't know what is going on and I certainly wont ask (I know when things are not my business!) but I do wish you luck in how things go and hope that things work out for the best! You are a very nice and interesting person! Hope things go your way!!!

Diana

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oops, I thought this thread about things like Q-Tips.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Was that in the form of a question

• minimus
    minimus

you're cute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit