A Movie For Those Who Like To Question "Reality"

by JamesThomas 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I'd really like to see it, I love this sort of thing, even if it mind candy. That thing about the "real" scientists happens all the time and it drives me crazy. Every time a perfectly legitimate, credentialled, published, working scientist leaves the True Path of Ultimate Skepticism, suddenly he's not a real scientist any more, or he never was really, or he's gone a bit barmy, or whatever. "Linus Pauling won the Nobel Prize but then he went a bit funny in the head." Okay. "Wolfgang Pauli was a genius mathematician but he had some peculiar ideas about synchronicity." Whatever.

Those who are interested in intention should look into the biologist Rupert Sheldrake's work. "The Sense of Being Stared At" is really interesting.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Terry, I would agree. "Mysticism", like every other belief system that goes unquestioned, is everything that you say it is, a thoughtless hiding place that numbs the mind.

It is common for the quick intellectual mind to point out the fallacy and weakness of it's own creations of mystic, religious and political belief systems. However, take all belief systems away, and the mind still retains it's cherished and tenacious ideas and beliefs about what is, or is not real; especially it's beloved identity of self.

Are these real? Can they be seen as simply concepts and interpretations? Am I really who I believe myself to be? Who am I?

Do we remain in a comfortable stupor of an unquestioned identity, thinking we already know what is? Or do we have the balls to welcome an extremely vigilant, alert and attentive investigation into being?

No offense meant. Speaking in generalities.

j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Hemp Lover,

You ask if I knew of Ramtha before the movie.

Yes, it was almost twenty years ago, when I first saw some of J. Z. Knights videos of her channeling.

The Ramtha character, though seemingly quite wise and loving, showed a huge ego that desired fame and recognition. Personally I feel this type of expression supports dualism and our strong belief that we are separate entities who need to earn our way to some out-there form of divinity. If this is what people want, there is indeed a lot to choose from; but it is not what I refer to.

When attention is no longer concerned with thoughts, ideas and concepts that create a sense of a separate self, what is here now? What is actual and vibrant right now that does not need to be earned or won? Who am I when all beliefs about a me are absent? Is the real and actual bigger and closer than the minds interpretation? Closer than thought? The entire universe came to be without us. Is there Intelligence far greater? Is It separate from what we really are? Does the universe come from out there? Or from here?

I have no answers to present. Such answers need to be realized first hand. There needs to be some earnest inner investigation is all. Perhaps it is all here; we just don't see it.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit