Arrangement to Accelerate Building Kingdom Halls

by Socrateswannabe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

I can't believe I'm the first one to admit going to this meeting. Or at least I don't see where anyone else has. It was a 3 hour video stream from Patterson. The first bit was used to set up the need. About 1000 Halls in the US that are severely overcrowded, many to the point of retarding growth in the area. The 3 metro areas with the most acute need are LA, Miami, and Dallas.

Then next bit was used to crack the whip and get the troops in line. Lots of the brothers who have been extensively used in RBC will no longer be used. Things aren't going to be done the way they used to be. Get over it. Work on whatever level you are allowed and don't moan about the good old days.

Creating standards to facilitate growth: Moving forward there will be a single design for Kingdom Halls in the U.S. They will come in small, standard, and large. That's it. The rendering looked not so bad, for a commercial building. It actually looks like a modern free-standing dentist's office. Improvements are: Lots of windows, flat roof with mechanicals on the roof to keep the bad guys from stealing them, monitors all around the interior, and the replacement of the literature and magazine desks with oversize literature trollys. 

They expect this standardization to save them 20% of the cost of the building. They spent a lot of time talking about the heirarchy of the various design and build entities, and explained the 5 levels of volunteering available. There was also a lot of information regarding the maintenance of Halls, and how that they would soon send out trainers to teach the congregations how to properly upkeep the property.

The subtext throughout the whole thing was, this is no longer in your hands. You have virtually zero say now, it's all up to the LDC. That's all I can write about this, maybe someone else who was there can pick up the ball.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thank you much for sharing!
  • kairos
    kairos

When property starts being sold and perfectly useful KH's are replaced with commercial buildings on land that will promote a excellent resale value, some will wake up.

When they start selling the "needed KH's" in a decade or so for massive profits, no one will even notice or remember this move to a real estate development corp from a publishing corp. 

• factfinder
    factfinder
    Thanks for the info!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Not meaning to rain on your parade Socrateswannabe but their was a post about this some time ago ,maybe it was just a letter from the Society outlining their plans to the B.O.E. of the changes being made.

smiddy 

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I hope their shoddy construction produces results.  Results, that is, in the form of leaky roofs.  In the form of electrical faults that fry the equipment such as monitors and sound systems.  In the form of doors that will not open.  In the form of carpets that are shredded the first time someone in heels walks (or waddles) on it.  In the form of cabinets that come clonking down the first time someone as much as looks at them.  In the form of computers that freeze and crash all the time.  And even in the form of fires from the bad electrical systems that burn the places to the ground at 2 AM, or moderate winds blowing down parts of the roof, walls, and windows.

I, for one, will not be supporting it.  I will not attend one of these fire traps.  I will not pay for crap quality.  Nor will I pay for the soul-destroying designs in the interior.  I do not have the funds to waste on this rubbish, with hyperinflation expected sometime between April 18 and August 10 of this year.  If anyone would pay attention to the planets and their alignment with the energy from the stars and constellations instead of their Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or their LIE-ble, they would realize that wasting time and money on this soul damning work is outright stupid.

• prologos
    prologos
    dentist office?  Paragraph 3, line 3 is right. Being in the "trooth". listening to the meetings is like having a root canal done, again and again. remember the exit doors. 
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Thanks for the Intel!
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

The 3 metro areas with the most acute need are LA, Miami, and Dallas.

Are JW's really having this kind of growth in the U.S. to justify this push?

If they are, I assume this must be within particular demographics because I only see a decrease in rural areas.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Here in the northern Ohio area the only growth in the last 30 years are kids born ins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit