Woke up this morning to the realization that the future is now

by campaign of hate 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, when you do plan for the future, the washtowel prevents people from planning according to reality.  Do you put aside money for your future?  Do you foresee problems that could affect your wealth, and plan accordingly so you can profit from it?  You don't if you are throwing it all away into the Worldwide Damnation Fund or pious-sneering in lieu of working.  You cannot do anything that will favorably affect your future if all you do is attend boasting sessions, go in field circus, and obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

And by planning ahead, I mean you do as you see fit.  Those planning for the collapse of the dollar can accumulate silver and gold (you keep the silver and gold).  You know that such is safe from bail-ins as well as hyperinflation, and such is a form of hyperinflation or bail-in insurance.  But, you and you alone decide how much to buy.  You, and you alone, are responsible for buying when the price gets smashed down (so you get more precious metal for the money or spend less for the same amount).  That money will be protected for when you retire.  If you prefer investing in stocks, you alone decide how much and which stocks to put your money, and you alone bear responsibility for whatever risks of devaluation are forthcoming.

Also, you decide how much to set aside for the future and how much to spend now.  Having zero fun is not wise.  Even with the threat of an unstable dollar and Neptune headed for 9 degrees of Pisces (it lands there April 18 through August 10, goes back to 7 Pisces for a while in late fall, and returns to 9 Pisces in February 2016), I still take care of today's needs.  I am not going to put everything into silver and gold now, only to neglect other expenses.  Having fun is also a good thing to allow for--including having bought numerous Led Zeppelin albums and songs even as I was buying silver during the October freefall.  While I do not advocate wasting your money on a big screen TV just so you can watch the damn football game, I still advise going to that theme park or getting a few nice items you are going to really enjoy now.

And worst of all, the amount the washtowel makes the jokehovians waste.  How much does it cost to do that stupid two-week Israel mission?  Personally, if I had the money to prepare for that, I would have rather bought a monster box of silver so I could really enjoy it when the dollar becomes toilet paper.  You might just as well enjoy a real vacation, or put that roof on your house you need, or get that big TV (you can get three of those big screen TVs for one Israel mission's worth of money).  Field circus wastes resources, including so much time that you could have taken a second job to earn enough silver to put away for retirement while you do your other job for the present.  And how much does one Grand Boasting Session waste?  Especially for those traveling more than 200 km each way.

All of which is waste.  You are not enjoying it now.  You are not setting yourself up to profit in the future.  As much as I am against the NBA basketball after last May's political correctness baiting, the money cost of attending one of those games is about the same, or slightly less than, one Grand Boasting Session.  And with the time the Grand Boasting Session wastes, you could have rented a court and play your own game.  And, you are not putting the money into retirement--and, believe it or not, you can make a hobby out of physical silver and gold investment.  Either way, with the washtowel, you lose.

• prologos
    prologos

Is the future 'now'? I find a good analogy to living is the Surfing or long/snow  boarding experience. You can do it only by moving forward in the right place, it is an intense pleasure to do the right moves, You do well if all forces are in balance, and while you know the "ride" is downhill all the way, and that it will end, you feel good at the mastery of it,  and you can hope/plan for a graceful exit.

Use the time you move through well, use your energy wisely.   

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Great responses, thanks.

This forum is really helping me find the right type of balance in my life.

Prologos, that's a nice analogy. Enjoy the ride of life, gain pleasure from it, but at the same time, don't be disappointed when it's over, because hills don't go on forever.

I think what the WT feeds us is a nice thought in all reality, living forever in peace in a Utopian society, with perfection of your senses to really be one with the earth. But that's all it is, a nice idea. It's another thing actually believing with your whole life force it's actually going to happen.

I didn't understand at first when i read this forum, that some of you guys were upset, and angry, maybe even slightly bitter dare i say it. But my understanding now is that it's understandable, entire lives have been robbed, and that is something you can never get back. WT has basically robbed so many of a life, to push it's own agenda. Companies do it all the time with employees, but employees usually get a wage slip at the end of the month, and have something tangible for their effort. To do it in the guise of religion & godliness, and to not give anything back to its adherents, that is pretty sick.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

CoH - You are not alone.  It is sometimes disheartening to think of all the time, opportunities, careers, resources, and lives that I wasted.  I try to keep in mind - "Success is the best revenge.".

“Do not act as if you were going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over you. While you live, while it is in your power, be good.” 

― Marcus Aurelius

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Today is always yesterdays future. The flip side is it is always tomorrows past. Therefore you have enough time to change the future, thereby changing what you thought what the past.
  • flipper
    flipper
    This is a great thread Campaign that deserves to have more thoughts given to it. Live in the here and now my friends
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm grumpy that it's 2015 and we still don't have hoverboards, flying cars, or Holomax theatres.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Thanks flipper.

Living in the hear and now is actually harder than it sounds, after years of being told to look to the future, and to "set goals" for the "kingdom".

I remember when the year 2000 arrived. I remember thinking about the future in 15 years time, and to think we would all still be here was akin to apostate thinking. Alas, i am now living 15 years later, wondering how the fu** i'm going to get out of this mess of a religion with my family and sanity in tact.

Thankfully, the only looking to the future i am doing, is working out an exit strategy, and i think i have it nailed.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Excellent realization, Campaign.

Botchtower's formula  Pray More + Wait on Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done and People get Hurt/Ill/Dead is a dangerous and destructive one.

It is exactly opposite to the 1st Effective Habit from Stephen Covey - "Be Proactive". 

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Interesting thread. I woke up the other morning and thought "Life is about maintenance and preparation" - this is something we weren't taught as JW's. The end was coming, so long-term maintenance (relationships, property, skills, knowledge) wasn't necessary nor was any long term preparation (education, planning, etc).

Basically if you want your life to make any real progress, you better be giving serious thought to both areas. Sad that that is some sort of a revelation as a middle aged man. 

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit