I'm a Newbie

by kwintestal 11 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hello. Just a new face in the crowd. My uncle encouraged me to join as he has been a member for a couple of years. I left fold after a year after reading an article in a local weekly magazine (it was actually front page story). I have always refused to be a lemming! It got me doing my own research and since then I have been enlightened. I read several books (Penton, Franz, Jonsson) that really got me thinking about everything that had been thrown at me for the last 25 years of my life and how I've been decieved along with my family. My wife is still in and refuses to talk to me about my reasons for leaving, she doesn't want to listen, but hopefully with time she'll come around and start talking. I hope to meet people in similar situations and read their stories to get through this. I can't get online all the time since my wife gets very upset from me looking online for this info so I won't be on all the time but I'll be somewhat regular. I have some interesting stories to tell about 2am visits from the elders as well as them searching my apartment for evidence to DF me (my parents with a key let them in) when I was 18. I have had a sour taste in my mouth since then but only got the courage and the evidence to leave now. First I have to learn the fine art of posting on this. I'll see if this works and another day try again! Talk to you all later on!

Touqie

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Welcome!!!

I have personally found that this a great place for support (lots of cyber hugs when you need them), information, a few healthy tears and a really good laugh now and again. Come by as often as you can.

(If you haven't done so already, I would recommend reading through some of the "Best of" lists--very good stuff)

Bethany

• Netty
    Netty

Welcome, hope to hear more from you.
    Netty

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you have some good stories to tell I look forward to hearing them.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Welcome Touqie!

There are many here that are/were in a similar situation to yours! Don?t even start to feel you?re guilty of something! You?ve done nothing wrong! True, you?ve got to hide the liberating books you?ve mentioned, unless you don?t mind being DF?d, but if anyone, parents included, lets elders into your home, I?d change my locks immediately! And I would cut-off such ?apostates? from your life! You don?t need to be subjected to this and you are the man-of-the-house, correct? Your experience is evidence of the cult-like nature of JW?s! I wish it otherwise, but many have been mislead their whole lives, and are only now realizing the great deception they?ve been involved with. If you need to talk to someone, please PM any of main posters here (check out their posts over the last year or so) or PM my account, someone you believe you can trust.

Warmest,

Cyberguy

• kls
    kls

Welcome , glad to have you join us. I also hope your wife your wife sees this cult for what is is.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome to the board!!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome to the board 2! Can we expect to hear from you at least Tuesday and Thursday nights? Those evenings at home with a stomach bug can be boring...

By the way, I am a never-JW married to one. I am testing out the slow-but-sure method of spousal conversion. As the head of your household, you should have some freedom to exercise your spiritual headship. If you want tips, PM me.

• zev
    zev
    I have some interesting stories to tell about 2am visits from the elders as well as them searching my apartment for evidence to DF me

i'll bet thats an interesting story. cant wait to hear that one.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome kwintestal!

Searched for evidence, huh? Oh boy! Well I'm glad your uncle directed you here. I hope you can get back on again soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit