Convention Summary

by Moxy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for that summary Moxy. That comment about "jeopardizing the simplified food arrangement" made me crack up. Like how can you jeopardize "bringing your own lunch"? Next thing there will be no lunch at all... lol. Thanks for explaining about the vendors. I remember the difficulty they had getting around McDonald's at Skydome.

I also remember when they asked everyone who stayed at the "forbidden" Sharaton Hotel to go down to the chairman's office for a good tongue lashing for not following organizational proceedure. Like if you can afford regular rates and the hotel can fill their rooms without offering a discount, then such is business.

Anyway, that's another topic. Thanks again. Very balanced observations.

Path

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Moxy,

thanks for the time and the effort to
    give us "...the report " of DC . I'll give some

more...! I do like the choice of words...tact and respect.

I also wonder about " the simplified food arrangement "?

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Thenks moxy for the summary. Now i will be able to go to the beach instead of torturing myself at the convention. It's great to know whats on the program 1 month ahead of the local JW's!!

I hanve not been to a meeting in years and i know more about whats going on in the org than the average active JW!!
    Thanks to this board and posters like you!

Ciao
    Gianluca

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Mox:

Many thanks! Your summary was far more interesting than the real thing!

I trust the mall attached to the stadium was packed out with witnesses despite the announcement. As for the 4700 year old tree, I cannot remember any explanations by the society for this, so the bro. probably screwed up (and will no doubt never get another assignment!).

Knorr-wegian? ROFL!

Expatbrit.

Lovers of Jehovah hate what is bad.
    Lovers of Jehovah hate what is bad......

• Francois
    Francois

Ten thousand people, huh? Lessee, that'd be about five thousand women, and at - say - only 10% we'd be looking at something around 500 of them who were....well, you know

Oh, to be thirty again.

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Moxy
    Moxy

i forgot to mention that there were 69 baptised, about .6% of the attendance. in the 80's i recall 2% being considered a healthy number. these 69 were characterized as the "many more" joining the righteous.

jackson square was packed like usual. had to walk all over the place to find somewhere to get a coffee with less than a half-hour wait in line.

the brother with the 'oppose the devil' talk was Faisal Mohamed whose animated and colorful style is certainly one of the more interesting to listen to. i really get the impression that his tree comment went absolutely right over the heads of everyone. Friday's chairman mustve been asleep at the switch (the chairman for each day listens to and screens each talk) to let this comment through and also another funny gem that i didnt actually catch myself but heard about today. a sister gave an experience, explaining how she had been shy and overcame that to become a pioneer. she closed the experience saying something like, "if by my preaching i can bring armageddon just one minute closer, it will be worth it!"

mox

• chester
    chester

Moxy,

Thanks for taking the time to give us this information. It is very much appreciated!

Bringing it back to the top.

Chester

• metatron
    metatron

In summary, these conventions manifest the utterly
    clueless nature of those in command. Whoever thinks
    these isolated dimwits are some sort of Illuminati
    Masterminds needs to get a reality check.

At one point in my zealous life, I observed that those
    in highest command in Bethel really didn't seem all that
    bright. I ascribed their collective success to the power
    of holy spirit, since the element of human wisdom appeared
    lacking.
    I now realize that this image of endless success is
    generated by propaganda, deceptions, fanatical efforts
    and cover-ups. However lacking in intelligence they may be,
    they're quite good at maintaining the image they've carved out
    for themselves.

Live and learn

metatron

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Yep just as I said before. District Convention = 3 long days of "massaging the turd"

IBBEROEAN "Just making sure!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit