Movie Recommendations

by patio34 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Hi, I watched two movies (they're only on DVD--I finally broke down and got one) that were the best I've seen in a while: House of Sand and Fog (Ben Kingsley & Jennifer Connelly about an Iranian general lives in America) Human Stain (Anthony Hopkins & Nicole Kidman; based on a novel by Phillip Roth) Just in case you're interested in either. They're both profound character development and excellent acting and cineamaphotography. No more, because I don't want to spoil it if you watch them. Does anyone know any others similar to these? They were absolutely fantastic. Btw, Ebert and Roeper give both Cheers! Pat

• dh
    dh

House of Sand & Fog is a great movie. I haven't seen the other one though... Have you seen the Life of David Gale? That is a pretty profound movie.

The Pianist

K-Pax

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How weird! I just posted about the movie Punch Drunk Love.... a very strange movie.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How weird! I just posted about the movie Punch Drunk Love.... a very strange movie.

• avishai
    avishai

Bubba hotep. Great film about elvis and JFK fighting mummies in a rest home. Seriously

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

House of Sand and Fog.. good flick!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Ya I recommended them a few weeks ago...they are excellent

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

avashi....bubba hotep was worth the 9.99 i payed for it when it came out....awesomely bad movie...one of those movies you relaly have to be sloshed to love

• Terry
    Terry

EQUILIBRIUM

A Matrix/1984/Brave New World/Farenheit451 style film that evokes

LIFE VERY MUCH LIKE BEING A jw!

• bigboi
    bigboi

One flick I'd recommend is City of God. It's a crime drama and contains some harsh scenes, but the cinematography is first class and the acting is very well done by the young cast. It's no longer in theaters, but is available on-line on dvd.

Another that I just saw recently is A Home at the End of the World. It's a good movie, which is all I can say about it without saying too much. Very touching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit