Laura Brannigan died

by simplesally 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• simplesally
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, I'm shocked. She was so young.

So how can one tell if a headache is something serious to see a doctor about?

• blondie
    blondie

• Symptoms of a ruptured aneurysm
      • Severe headache
        • If you have a history of headaches, such as migraine or tension headaches, you may experience a headache uniquely different from your normal pattern.
        • You should consider any severe headache different from your customary headache as suspicious for a ruptured aneurysm. You may experience the worst headache of your life, which may also be a sign of a stroke.
        • Up to 50% of people with a ruptured aneurysm will suffer a warning (prodromal) headache several days or even weeks before the rupture. The average is about 2 weeks.
        • This warning headache is thought to be due to minor blood leakage, without rupture of the aneurysm, and is commonly referred to as a "sentinel headache."
      • Neck stiffness
      • Nausea
      • Vomiting
      • Sensitivity to light
    • These symptoms may be followed rapidly by an alteration in mental status ranging from confusion to coma.
    • Seizures occur in about 25% of people with a ruptured aneurysm.
    • Some people will have symptoms of an enlarging, unruptured aneurysm.

• A dilated pupil in 1 eye
      • Visual field defects: This refers to the inability to see objects that are in the direction you are looking. For instance, if you are looking directly at a large screen TV, you may not be able to see the whole screen at once. There may be a "hole" in the center or off to the sides that you simply cannot see while looking straight ahead.
      • Inability to move 1 eye in all directions
      • Pain above or behind the eye
      • Pain in the temple, in the back of the skull, or the neck, depending on the location of the aneurysm
  • SheilaM
    SheilaM

WOW..Blondie thanks for the info a couple of weeks ago I had such a headache, I thought about going to the hospital but didn't ....would I continue to have a headache or not????

My Aunt almost died from an anureysim also....

PS Blondie I was told it also might be a cluster headache. I had tried Thunders Corti-Slim that day also

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

blondie-

That's scary.. now I'm gonna freak whenever I have a headache.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks blondie! SheilaM...Did you get it checked out after all? The thing is...even going to the doctor, they often don't check the things thoroughly out unless there are clear warning signs, and with many maladies, there are no clear uneqivocal warning signs.

StinkyPantz...Looks like you found the avatar you were looking for?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

L: No I didn't and now I am mega worried. It was so bad I couldn't articluate and felt like my head was mush (I have had Migraines and this made them seem like pain from a hangnail) I took a shower and almost couldn't get in and out of the tub...Thunder found me a 500 mg Tylenol and put ice on my temples...my head hurt for days after.....NOW I am thinking wow that was dumb not seeing a doctor

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Leolaia-

• simplesally
    simplesally

SheilaM, get thee to the doctor. No nned for you to start a rock group with Laura Brannigan in the near future.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Well this is just sad news.

As far as the signs of an anuerysm, is there really anything they can do even if its detected?

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit