Peering into my past - Snippets from my early life

by Mysterious 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Today I wrote Daddy a letter to try and to get him to come to a meeting but he said he couldnt "see" himself coming tonight. I'll try again on Sunday. He kept the letter and I hope he'll change his mind. One part of me hopes and expects him to show up and walk down the aisle to sit with us. All I ask is why me and not some other kid why does it have to be my father!! :((

I'm sure you have a much better idea of why I couldn't "see" myself coming back now.I also knew that it would be of no use to try and explain things to you.When I looked into your eyes I saw the eyes of a Dub true believer....Nothing I could have said would have changed you then.

Times change and so do people.By the way I just recently threw away that letter.You have no idea how that letter tore at my heart but now you can see the whole picture and not just the one seen through Dub tinted glasses.

I enjoyed the summer holidays..esp the quality time we spent in the garden taking care of it and weeding it.Oh hang on you might not remember some of those times.

Dad

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Times change and so do people.By the way I just recently threw away that letter

*gasp* You threw it out. Good.

• black ghost
    black ghost

gawd, I actually stood in front of my class and swore blind that the end of the world would be here before we were 50, i had worked out that the generation that saw 1914 would be just about gone by then.

i remember being stood on the platform stating i was gonna be the congregations first missionary too.(actually it turned out to be my older brother)

what hurt was the aftermath when people told me that i was so naive to have been so 'into' the "troof" and not seen it for what it was.i was so hurt that i believed everything without question. i have nothing left of my past life now, all my assembly photos and programs were flushed down the loo

i had a funny experience when i lived in a secure block of flats; i set fire (controlled) to all the books and mags in the bathroom but it sent off the fire alarms in the whole 14 storey building. i tried to ring the concierge to tell them all was fine but the alarms were so loud they couldnt hear me.10 mins later there was a bang at my door which i was too embarrased to answer only my younger brother said it was the fire brigade and if i didn't answer the door they would break it down, so there i stood explaining to the fire chief what i had done while the fire crew were rooting around my flat to check it out.

i kinda felt i went out with a bang,and that is sweet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit