Display of National Flags in Kingdom Halls in Chile: WTS' Response

by BluesBrother 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    TTATTelder: What happened to not stumbling others?
    Very good observation.
    Also, we have been told that appearances matter, and Christians should always avoid the appearance of wrong doing.
    So, it's clear that the rules apply only to individual witnesses, not to the Watchtower organization itself.   Yes, what hypocrisy. 

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WTF?!??! Is there a better copy available?!?! What sheer hypocrisy!

I think that I will fly an American flag on Veterans Day. Better yet, if the US Government passed a "satanic" law requiring that citizens fly the flag, then I can do it with zero blowback! 

Why cant I rise, place my hand over my heart and mouth the words for the National Anthem? If I am practicing theocratic warfare, then so what?? 

What completely deluded a**holes!!! 

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was thinking of doing an experiment. I may join the YMCA. I wrote them some time back and they assure me that they were not an XIAN organization. 

If I get that in writing then I can use that to show the Eldubs how to F-off. The UN changed their charter and the WT left. I should be able to join the YMCA.

DD

• Listener
    Listener
    Regarding Kingdom Halls the Society has left it up to the collective conscience of the body of elders that use it.  Who owns these Kingdom Halls that have been dedicated to God for worship?  If it is the body of elders then it should rightly be their decision.  If it is the Society then they have the obligation to ensure that it is used according to their instructions.  I guess their instructions are to leave it up to the body of elders but it means that any decision made by the elders are sanctioned by them 100%.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

"collective conscience of the body of elders".

WTF?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember when I first saw this. I was in such disbelief that I labeled it BS. A set up by some vindictive apostate. 

Btw I can't see the letter very clearly.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH MY F*^@%K!!!

You know in life there are those rare treasured moments of "WTF"?

This has to be one of those for me!

The HYPOCRISY and double standards...yes duplicitous nature of the org is mind blowing!

People DIED in Malawi for this very thing......

Someone PLEASE SAVE THIS LETTER, as I bet no one will believe this....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"... the flag is simply an emblem of the state ..."

It was just a pinch of incense ...

The cowards that run this religion have completely lost their moral compass. Anyone that follows them is bound for spiritual shipwreck and ruin.

Grow some balls, exit the Kingdom Hall and live your own life!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I cant wait for a casual conversation with witnesses, maybe at the next hall workday, where I'll say..."so, where should we mount our hall's flagpole? I mean, if the govt wants us to fly it, then we will have to comply right?!"

Then when they have finished coughing and spluttering, tell them all about our brothers in Chile..... and the branch stand on the topic!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Wow.  I labelled it bs too.  Sorry! 

Can't read the letter but you guys' synopsis is damping.  Wow. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit