Your opinions please

by anew 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty
    My doggy was a jack-o-lantern last year

How cute Odrade!

• Netty
    Netty

also, on finding your posts. I noticed a post does not appear on the index page (say you posted under friends) it wont show up on the friends index page sometimes for a few hours. But, if you go to active topics you can find it that way. I'm kinda learning the ropes around here too

• anew
    anew

Thank you for your advice on finding my threads. I like reading all of your opinions on Halloween too!

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Anew,

I couldn't agree with you more. For those who believe in Jesus, it is very contrary to Christian reason. Yes, it is very much a holiday for the devil. Your conscience is doing you well. I have found if you are still and listen to what you are feeling, you are more than likely right.

Remember, satan is not only the father of the lie...but the "great deceiver". When you are deceived you don't realize it is happening.

Satan will use just enough truth to make wrong things look right.

Infact, if I didn't hold on to christian beliefs I still would not want to be involved in it. Most of it is ugly and involed with things that make me scared. I don't want to be where devils, goblins, ghosts and demons dwell.

Gold_morning

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont believe in god anymore so it doesnt bother me at all..

Even when i was a dub, I would buy my kids candy because they felt left out...

I tend to set aside all religious aspects of this tradition and just let the kids have innocent fun...They dont know nor do they care about the origins or religous side of it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I will not celebrate Halloween however as I believe it of the devil. The world acknowledges this and the holiday's origins undeniable. I would not allow my child to be involved in this one holiday as I do believe in evil spirits and want nothing to do with them. What do you think on this topic?

The WTS teaches that celebrating birthdays is wrong because two characters in the Bible got beheaded on birthdays which were not even their birthdays.

Somehow, in some strange way, since then, there have been BILLIONS of birthdays celebrated EVERY YEAR. Now, when was the last time you remembered seeing ANYONE get beheaded out of those BILLIONS of birthdays that are celebrated EACH YEAR?

Likewise, Halloween is for kids, with ghosts and goblins are the props. Out of the BILLIONS of kids who celebrate Halloween (getting candy with mostly a fake threat of retaliation) how many of these kids or other participants became demonized as a result. If it is "of the devil," then why isn't the devil doing mean and nasty things each Halloween in which BILLIONS of people participate EACH and EVERY year? All we hear about are a few cases of some psycho idiots putting razor blades in apples and stuff like that. If that is ALL the devil can conjure up with BILLIONS of participants, then he is a wimpy devil, and certainly not one to fear.

You are welcome to keep your superstitions and you are also welcome to let them go. If Halloween was as bad as the WTS makes it out to be, nobody would celebrate it. It isn't. Get used to it. It is Watchtower superstitious propaganda and its about dressing up and having fun and getting candy and treats for little kids who wouldn't harm a fly.

Farkel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    SP your avatar is very distracting.....Whoa!

I would celebrate it, just for the costumes...

I shall be a lesbian come next halloween..

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I apologize if this goes through twice, I cannot find the original post.

Here it is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/77401/1251560/post.ashx#1251560

GentlyFeral

edited to make the link clickable

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I'm looking forward to Halloween. It's a way for me to honor the continuity of life:

Paying my respects to my ancestors while entertaining small children.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit