Do you believe it is wrong to celebrate Halloween?

by anew 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I do it because I know it ticks all my ex JW friends off! ....At least I'm honest about it!....... Mav

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont make my kids go, they want too.

My 13 year old is looking forward to it this year. She is more than ready to make up for lost jdub time..

Actually when i was her age i had already outgrown the tradition..

• anew
    anew

I can see both sides. I guess it all lies in how you look at it. I can't at this point reconsile myself to accept this holiday but I respect the opinions of those who can.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Chris, my friend, thank you for your response. I apologize if I might have seemed to be putting you on the spot.

In the broad scheme of human existence, there's a lot to be said for the Christian perspective (though by no means limited to Christianity): "Become like children."

Children are so fascinatingly unencumbered with preconceptions, though so quickly become burdened and conditioned by the same.

Halloween is a skeleton whose flesh and face have been provided by religious artists.

Respectfully,

Craig

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

bttt

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Craig

Not at all. You know me, just being honest.

Chris

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

After leaving the jdubs, I began to celebrate all the holidays, but was kind of weirded out by Halloween. I got over it after carving my first pumpkin. I've got the most kick-ass pumpkins on the street now. I've done Ozzy and Yoda, to name a few! So much fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit