Cult fear and indoctrination - Service Meeting -Respect Jehovah's Authority

by truthseeker 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What really amazes me is that they do not use Kingdom Song number 8 on the Service Meeting

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks for sharing that information

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

You shall respect my authoritar !!

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Same old shit different video.

It never fails to amaze me how they spew this bull crap and the rank and file eat it and say please more,

I must be getting much better mentally I dont even care what the hell they teach any more, life is to short for me to spend to much time listining to their crap. not that I am saying any one here should not, I love all those who do the leg work and post it so I can keep up with curent events in the borg with out spending time, I freely admit to standing on the backs of giants,

• avishai
    avishai

Yet they say they are not infallible except you have to do everything they say, etc. It makes me crazy

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    I wondered why the Society waited for almost 2 years to review this video in the meeting - well, it is no coincedence, that this happens to go nicely with the Bible Reading regarding the Israelites murmuring and the Korah, Dathan and Abiram incident.

They ALWAYS get cute with things like that. I remember countless times the day text, watchtower study, and bible reading would all co-incide. I guess they make such leaps they need to use several sources at once so they can reinforce things and people actually "get it"

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

While reading that KM article, I got this image in my mind of a guy in a suit crouching menacingly behind a table. He slowly rises up, hands in the air like claws, saying "Hoogety-hoogety-hoogety-BOO!" in his best scary voice. On the other side of the table sits a kid with his arms folded, looking totally unimpressed.

The boogy man is just looking sillier and sillier all the time.

SNG

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

DANG IT! Those "...references to people who may find it difficult to ignore disfellowshipped relatives" may very well push my JW mother into never speaking to me again since she does tend to make certain exceptions for me that already bother her b'org implanted conscience. Bad news, indeed.

The answers I would be inclined to give if I were present at that meeting and no one knew better than to call on me...

(1) How should we respond to the decisions of elders in the congregation...? [bending over, gripping ankles, and grimacing with pain] "Thank you, sir! May I have another?" ow ow ow

(6) Who should never take priority over our loyalty to God...? The b'org, of course!!! "Do as I say, not as I do..."

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

PS-- Excellent, excellent point, Sabrina!!!

Major belly laughs, Ohiocowboy!

• new light
    new light

Thanks for posting all that Truthseeker. Very interesting. This stuff gets more and more ridiculous to me (us) as the mind heals. The whole point of the part is really about submitting to the org no matter how poorly one is treated. They literally replace God in their followers' minds by claiming divine inspiration (of course with a giant loophole) and then applying the entire Bible to themselves. And all the little dubbies devour their mid-week meal and love it and continue to think they are plugged in to the mainline from the sovereign of the universe.

A shiver went down my spine when picturing this part actually being delivered. A full-grown man is going to ask other adults, even senior citizens, to feel a certain way, view things from a certain angle, live in fear of personal thought, shun independent relatives, etc. etc.

Tragic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit