I'm a rare breed: I don't know any Christmas Carols

by Nosferatu 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Why weren't JWs taught the Israeli national anthem?

carmel

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I was such a Christmas slut that I actually had time to get tired of the usual Christmas songs. So I began to prefer the more obscure ones - We Three Kings, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming, God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen, Angels We Have Heard on High (in sixth grade we sang it in French! Tres formidable!).

Now I'm ranging even farther afield, with gems like The St. Stephen's Day Murders, by Paddy Moloney and Elvis Costello. (Click on the song title for lyrics and notes, and click here for a sound sample at amazon.com.)

gently feral

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Nos, don't feel bad; I don't know the songs either, except for most of one by Bing Crosby(?) about Christmas in Hawaii, that one of my former bosses used to play over..and over...and over.

I asked my fella to teach me some carols, but he only knows them in Danish. I guess I'll pick them up in time from listening to the radio, but in the meantime I'll just hum along.

• karategirl
    karategirl

I don't feel so bad. You all are just about as pathetic as me. How many reports have we all done on the history of music as we sat in the library during music class at christmas time. Jingle bells was the only "winter" song I could sing too and I sound it the loudest in the group.

My daughter learns them at school and wants me to sing them too. You can buy sheet music at a music store or instrument shop. Look online for lyrics. Also the school music teacher could probably give you a copy.

Have fun at Christmas!! Don't you love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit