question about marriage?

by l3gi0n 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• l3gi0n
    l3gi0n

i know how divorce is viewed in this religion, but what about annulment?

• Margie
    Margie

I don't believe there is any such thing among JWs.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

There is no such thing.

• kls
    kls

I actually would have been right on this one. I have only heard this for Catholic and Lutheran.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Jw's don't believe in annulment....

Divorce is only acceptable IF there has been adultery committed.

I know if my dub wife left me for no reason it would not be a problem with the ding dongs.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yeah they are not in favor of separation either whether legally or unofficially even if no one is doing anything immoral. Basically unless your mate is unfaithful you're stuck.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Nope, ask Sassy.

• onacruse
    onacruse

You can get a baptism annuled (after providing proof that you were actually disqualified to get baptized in the first place); but you can't get a marriage annulled, even if consummation never occurred.

And if you get back together with an extranged wife or husband, and spend the night together, the assumption is that you had re-consummated the marriage.

edit to add: Of course, if the "estrangement" was by divorce, then you've committed adultery, and you both get df'd (unless you prove your repentance by re-marrying...then, if you're lucky, all you'll get is a reproof).

• gumby
    gumby

If annulment was allowed.....the dubs would be having mad sex like bunny rabbits, then annuling the marriage and doing it again. Sounds like fun!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit