Need your help with a little research!!!

by cecil 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Hi Seedy, I'm the one that's laughing at your statement:

>>First off, we are to accept the one only documantation (the old testiment) that say's it was in 607, and it was not written to influence one religous point of view and their view of history? Yet the other evidence that has been unearthed, says something different. I guess I would believe the "one" over all the others, sure I would, makes sence to me. And yeah the bible was not written with prejudice. Hmmm, Like I said your funny.

The reason I'm laughing is because the 529BCE chronology did not come from the Bible but an astronomical text!!! That's right.

The SK400 is what established 529BCE in my research.

Basically, I discovered and accepted that Cyrus fulfilled the 70 weeks first and thus we had to date the 1st of Cyrus by necessitated had to be dated to 455BCE. But as a witness it had been drummed into my head that the 70-year exile began the same year as the fall of Jerusalem. So I had dated the fall of Jerusalem 70 years earlier in 525BCE and I thought that was the Biblical date.

When I got around to checking out the SK400 astronomical text to see how that worked, since it was mentioned by the Insight book in support of the 539BCE chronology, I found mismatches for those two eclipses. They didn't work, because the interval between the two eclipses was 2:46 and not 4:46 which it is in 523BCE.

So I was satisfied this document could be dismissed as comprehensively supportive of the 539BCE chronology. But I was curious and excited that it just might confirm the fall of Jerusalem in 525BCE if the eclipses could be matched to what I thought was the correct chronology for the rule of Nebuchadnezzar. But I couldn't find a match to year 7 of Nebuchadnezzar in 537BCE which is the year his 7th year would have been in per his 19th year falling in 525BCE. So I just gave up on the eclipse for then but before returning the canon to the library, just as one last effort, I checked all the eclipses from 500 to 600BCE just to see if there was a match and, of course, I found it in 541BCE where the interval was exactly 2:45. This was too specific to be an accident.

But, if Year 7 of Nebuchadnezzar fell in 541BCE then the fall of Jerusalem would have fallen in 529BCE. And that's where 529BCE first came up!!! From this astronomical text.

But I couldn't accept it because it contradicted the Biblical date of 525BCE as the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar...I thought!!! That is, a 4-year discrepancy!

So I continued to study and just about gave up on the astronomical text as being relevant until I finally came across Jeremiah 52:30 which said that the last deportation was not in the 19th year, but the 23rd year!! Of course, the difference between the 19th year and the 23rd year was exactly four years!!!!

Therefore, it appeared that the 70 years really began at the time of the last deportation, 4 years after the fall of Jerusalem, thus Biblically, we should add 74 years to the 1st of Cyrus to get the fall of Jerusalem, in which case, the correct Biblical date would be 529BCE!!!!

So you see, 529BCE ORIGINATED in secular astronomical texts and at one point contradicted a false interpretation of the Bible until that was corrected and then both the Bible and this secular reference matched up.

Furthrmore, since there is apparent DOUBLE-DATING in the text, we know there was a conspiracy and the pretext dating is fabricated!!!

Do you see what I'm saying here?

I'm saying my BEST REFERENCE to 529BCE is an astronomical text with double-dating in it and not the Bible. I can come up with 529BCE without any scriptural reference at all.

So the idea that there is no other evidence other than the OT regarding that dating is simply FALSE now and out-of-date. And FUNNY to me since 529BCE was always an advanced corrected SECULAR reference based upon astronomical text, the most direct and inflexible reference for dating for any period.

So perhaps I can't blame you for drawing that conclusion based upon your idea that there is no evidence besides the OT for this chronology, but that's just inaccurate. There is, now in Babylonian astronomical texts and as well in Jewish records both Josephus and rabbinical timelines.

So just so you know, I don't need the Bible to come up with 529BCE for the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar, I can get that directly from two astronomical texts, the VAT4956 and the SK400!!!

So you need a better argument to get your laughs from, sorry. You're not up-to-date on the latest research.

I am, though, so I'm the one that's laughing.

LG

NOW, HERE'S YOUR REALITY CHECK POINT: If you think you want to bring in your comparative references and debate this fine. But you might want to start with the fact that the most famous eclipse event of all ancient history, the solar eclipse that caused the Lydian-Median peace agreement and which also made Thales famous is now dated in 585BCE. Both Herodotus and Xenophon claim that Cyrus was the grandson of Astyages as a result of a marriage after the eclipse between the Lydians and Medes (i.e. Astyages (Median) married the sister of Croesus (Lydian). The result of this marriage was a daugther who later married a Persian who became father to Cyrus.

That's how the 587BCE chronology unfolds this. However, if you check the year Cyrus was born, it shows him being born in 600BCE, some 15 years before the ecipse of 585BCE!!! That means he would have been 15+ years older than his own mother!!!

Now when you figure out how to work out this mess, which means you're going to have to revise the 587BCE chronology, then you can come and criticize the 529BCE chronology. This discrepancy alone proves there was a conspiracy to add history to the Persian Period and thus it is inaccurate and unreliable.

So, truly, at this point, and I don't mean to be rude, but it's simply not opinion but INCOMPETENT to think the fall of Jerusalem occurred in 587BCE per the secular records. Those who still think so are going on inadequate research, that's all.

Anyway, just so you know that 529BCE was originally as "secular astronomical date" before it became a Biblical date and you have to challenge that date, therefore, astronomically to dismiss it. Which, of course, I know you can't, so.... whatever.

If you think there is "new" unearthed information that defeats this astronomical text data then please present it here and enlighten us.

Thanks

LG

• gsark
    gsark

the Jay P Green Interlinear Bible 1985 (there is a newer edition I do not have) says: 'For so says Jehovah, When according to My mouth seventy years have been fulfilled for Babylon, I will visit you...'

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• gsark
    gsark

the Jay P Green Interlinear Bible 1985 (there is a newer edition I do not have) says: 'For so says Jehovah, When according to My mouth seventy years have been fulfilled for Babylon, I will visit you...'

• gsark
    gsark

• mommy
    mommy

Gsark,
    It must be true, you said it 3 times! Hehe it was great talking to you in chat the other day, hope to see more of you out here on the board
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• cecil
    cecil

Hi folks.

Thanks for the answers already posted. To those of you, who have New World Translations in other languages than german, english, danish and polish: Please quote Jeremiah 29:10 as it reads in your NWT.

The reason?! Some persons seem, when translating the english NWT to other languages, to have rendered the english version different from the english original, in the translation to their own language. Thereby they have expressed something, which is in contrast to current WT-teaching. And I'd like to find out if the danish NWT (=translators at the danish branch*)is the only one that is different from the normal rendering of Jeremiah 29:10 in NWT...

Please help me if you can! Check out your NWT (if you haven't thrown it away as Wendy has...) It's really important for me!!!!

cecil

* should I write AT the branch or FOR the branch... -> just a little joke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit