My story

by recoveringjw 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Netty
    Netty

Hi Bethany,

I can relate to alot of what you wrote in your story. We are very similar, not just to each other but to so many other people on this board. Cool to find others who have been through the same thing we have hu? Good Luck to you with your hubby, and your future, I wish you all the best. Welcome, you wrote a good story, looking forward to hearing more from you here.

ciao!

Netty

• shotgun
    shotgun

Bethany...happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your story.

This was a powerful statement and perfectly worded

I pretty much had to start my life over, deprogramming myself and gaining my beliefs through my own searching and research. If feels empowering to know that NO ONE gets to tell me what I believe or that my beliefs are wrong or bad. And no one has any hold over me. I answer to myself.
  • Odrade
    Odrade

Loved the story Bethany... wanna do lunch one of these days? I'd love to meet you...

Odrade

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks for sharing your story Bethany.

As another born-in, I relate to some of your story, but my exit wasn't as messy and I had not made the mistake of getting dunked.

I got on OK with my parents until a few months ago, when I started asking them the tough questions that JWs don't like to answer.

The relationship is a little strained now, but still civil, and Jehovah's Terrorist knows not to bother trying to save me any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit