Refuting the WT Mediator Doctrine...

by Confucious 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

As I said, Jesus never claimed to be a "mediator" through any "ransom" he may have offered. Since the "ransom" doctrine is patently ridiculous, any claim that it is a "mediation" between God and man is also ridiculous.

Farkel
    Jesus never said He was the mediator because He didn't have to. The Jews of His day knew that the Messiah would be the mediator. Isaiah 9:6-7 verse 7 states that the messiah would firmly establish God's kingdom and sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness. God's justice demands and eye for an eye or a life for a life. In giving His perfect life, Jesus satisfied that justice so that we could stand in front of God, justified. He was the only corresponding ransom and therefore He is the only mediator.

michelle

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Ya mean no other belief system teaches that people die?
    Shucks!!
    I thought that even atheists believed in that!

OK, LT -- I'll bite!!

Everyone will die for one reason or another (hopefully natural causes). But the TYPE of death that certain religions teach is a God-imposed death, one of eternal condemnation of the soul.

I mean, JW's have their Armageddon, and other religions have their hellfire.

Unreligious people just have plain old uncertainty, which to me is realistic. I mean, no matter how deep one's faith, no earthly human can be absolutely certain about the hereafter.

The teaching that "those who don't adhere to our religion will die out of God's favor" is at best a guess, and at worst a bad recruiting tactic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit