Ask any JW this line of questioning.

by apocalypse 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

If you have opportunity to enter a discussion with a JW (I am still active so for me it's not a problem) ask this line of questions.

Q) Are you going to go to the Red Cross to give blood?

A) They will answer speedily... NO! (without hesitation)

Q) Why do you feel that way?

A) They will answer that 'blood must be poured out' etc.

Q) Are you personally willing to accept fractions of others blood?

This is where the fun begins.

They have the option of a quick NO! Almost certainly they will not choose this, as they would be an immediate liar. They know that they are willing to take whatever the Governing Gods in Brooklyn dictate they can without sanction because simply put, they want to live! You can have some fun with that answer, by utilizing statements like "You'd rather die than take an immunization etc"

They have the option of saying YES! This is even more fun, as you can now express how hipocritical it is to accept blood products made from "worldly" people's blood, but be unwilling to donate. And how of course are you treating the law that "blood must bepoured out" if you are using some?

What will most likely happen is they will hesitate, unsure of how to respond. But this is the most deadly for you can then ask "Why the difference? How is it you responded so quickly to the first question, but now hesitate on this one?"

"WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?" is the final question that drives the nail home, right into their skull.

• JH
    JH

if they accept fractions of others blood, then someone must give blood.

• Maya
    Maya

gee.....ya think?

I plan on hitting my now C.O. dad with this very shortly.

I can't WAIT to see what he has to say!

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

>"I can't WAIT to see what he has to say!

>>I can't wait either. Make sure you tell us.

• fifi
    fifi

I would also like to hear what he says, Maya. Please don't forgret to tell us all.

Fifi

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I'd like to fabricate a picture of a blood doner clinic.

Lined up at the front door, with their sleeves rolled up, are the "worldly people" ready to provide.

Lined up at the back door, are the dubs, with their sleeves rolled up and their thirsty arms bared.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I have used this reasoning with JWs who have been excited about using products made with blood fractions. I pointed out that all the hemoglobin-based products are not bloodless but are actually made with stored blood. I just innocently said, "I don't understand how we can use these products when we cannot even store our own blood for future use in an operation...." They mumbled something like, "I'll have to check into that." No response to date. That is something that was left out of the recent article on blood fractions. The WTS expects the individual JW to do the research on these things. Notice they did not even provide a list of procedures and products that would be personal decisions. Who do you go to? The HLC...do they have a list? The doctors who aren't JWs...should they be expected to know what is acceptable to a JW or the WTS?

Blondie

• JT
    JT

this issue has been explained by many co and do as pulling a principle from the old testament, where the jews could sell dead unbled meat to a nonjw to eat yet they could not eat it

whne this was explained to me the first time it sounded so reasonable, but they base it on some jewish law that allowed the jews to benifit from others who didn't live by jehovahs high moral standards on blood

I THOUGHT WE WERE NO LONGER UNDER THE OLD LAW COVERNANT, my bad,

the wt picks and chooses when and how it want to apply bible text all the time- it is actually kinda cool to think that at anytime they like , they can rewrite the rules

can you imagine that anytime something is going wrong in your life all you have to do is change the rules of the game in THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME

U GOT TO LOVE IT

• JT
    JT

meat to a nonjw

CORRECTION

meat to a NONJEW

• blondie
    blondie
    this issue has been explained by many co and do as pulling a principle from the old testament, where the jews could sell dead unbled meat to a nonjw to eat yet they could not eat it

If they truly applied this, JT, then a JW could donate blood (even sell their blood) but not accept a blood transfusion.

Yes, I know of that point, but they are not using it to explain how a product made with a blood fraction from stored blood is acceptable considering that a JW cannot store their own blood for a future operation.

In the OT example, it is a nonJew, Gentile, that is buying the meat not a JW. Conversely, it is not a nonJW accepting the product made from a blood fraction from stored blood, it is a JW.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit