Catholic girl denied communion

by TallTexan 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Don't know if y'all have seen this, but it strikes me as very 'Watchtower-ish". Basically, regardless of your desire to 'do what is right', if you can't do it how THEY say it's 'right', then you're screwed. I don't agree w/ Catholicism, but this little girl probably has nightmares of going to hell b/c the "Holy" church won't let her take communion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5762478/?GT1=4529

• willy_think
    willy_think

This is an old problem with an old solution. If the person can't eat, she/he drinks, no problem. My guess is the kids mom won't let her drink the blood and wants the church to change instead.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

classic example of why organised religion is a load of crap.

• jwbot
    jwbot
    The diocese has told Haley?s mother that the girl can receive a low-gluten wafer, or just drink wine at Communion, but that anything without gluten does not qualify. Pelly-Waldman rejected the offer, saying her child could be harmed by even a small amount of the substance.

Sounds like its the churches issue, not the mothers. How dare she care about her childs health!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Dumb question, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but I've always wondered if a recovering alcholic is allowed to use non-alcholic wine. What do they do?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Many use welches grape juice. Or grape juice dilluted whine. But um if you can't take one sip of wine in a church with out relapsing I think you need a religion that does not solely revolve around mystical alcoholic beverages bought from your local sam's club.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Elsewhere posted on this yesterday.........

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/77033/1.ashx

• willy_think
    willy_think

A recovering alcholic would eat Big Tex. but we are talking a bout a teaspoon or so of liquid so it might not set most people in recovery off.

• lurk
    lurk

Last month, the diocese told the priest that the church would not validate Haley?s sacrament because of the substitute wafer.

very WTS thinking they are the ones that validate someones faith not god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit