What Do You Do To Stay Healthy?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I recently went for a check-up and I was told everything was better than "normal". I exercise for a couple of hours a day about 4 or 5 days per week, especially in the summertime...So far so good. What about you??

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't have a strict regimen.

My fingers get plenty of exercise - LOL.
    They are very nimble

I swim once a week, do TaiChi every other day, physical jerks (like pushups and situps, etc) every other day or so, Aikido at least weekly. Fairly often I'll take a walk when I go for my lunch.

It makes up a little for all the sitting down I do with my occupation.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I'll let you know when I manage to get healthy!!!

Bull!

• blondie
    blondie

1) Stopped attending meetings/conventions/assemblies

2) Exercise

3) Volunteered

Blondie

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Nothing special (but I do workout when I feel that my body needs it) Also I was used to walk a lot (but not at the moment)

I don't have the right to be fat (because of sicknesses I have) being over 148 pounds would let me on the floor not being able to breath well (just imagine) means that I have to stay in between 110 and 130 pounds or I'm in trouble (for breathing and getting more in trouble with my sickness)

• Emma
    Emma

My health has improved enormously since leaving the borg. By diet and exercise I've been able to get completely off of med's for high blood pressure.

I exercise by walking or a using a stationery bike 45 minutes, five days a week. I've lost over 100 pounds and my mental health is way up!

Emma

• minimus
    minimus

It seems some are crediting getting out of the organization to good health!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Emma, that's amazing! I'm proud of you! A friend of mine in Kansas lost 80 lbs and it got her off so many medications. I think it saved her life.

As for me...I've always been petite and never had big weight issues. Unfortunately, that causes me to not take care of myself very well. The last few years I'm trying to change that. I eat breakfast everyday, usually fruit and yogurt or granola. I don't eat anything with wheat or flour (allergy), which really cuts down on carbs and helps my weight. The last month or so, I've started journaling. I go home after work and sit in my garden and just write...whatever's on my mind, good or bad. Very cathartic. Gardening is another new hobby that is a great physical workout and very cathartic. If I have a bad day at the office, I go home and weed. I pretend that every little weed is a clump of my VP's hair. That goes a long way in making me feel better!

• Emma
    Emma

Billygoat, I've just recently found I can't have gluten. It took several bouts of living with pain to finally get to this point. I'm feeling so much better, and not eating any wheat has kicked in some more weight loss. I'm new to this but am doing OK. I've always relied on wheat - I love to bake and I also make my own pasta, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.

Journaling also helped me work through leaving the borg and my terrible marriage. It was a life saver. It's amazing what you can work through by writing.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Emma:
    Apparently the gluten-free breads and pastas are getting better (slowly).

Celiac disease was on the increase amonst folks that I knew in the congregations (along with ME/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome).

I've not yet come across it in people outside the JW's, and I'm now acquainted with at least as many folks outside as I was inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit