Daughter just chopped off 14 inches of her hair!

by gypsywildone 14 Replies latest jw friends

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

She donated it to Locks of Love & this week was the first I saw it. She was born with enough hair to hold barrettes! It was always long, curly & super thick. At least TWO fortunate kids are gonna have lovely, blonde wigs. I gotta get used to this look though

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Wow!! That's awesome!! Kudos to your daughter, that's an amazing gesture of kindness and compassion.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

That was a nice thing for her to do. My daughter wants to donate her hair also but since she had it trimed this summer I told her she will have to wait because it isn't long enough anymore. Her hair grows fast so it shouldn't take to much time to grow out again.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Wow!!!!!!!!! What an incredible thing to do! One of the Hallmark moments of life. I know she is older, but write it down in her baby book!!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Now that is one of the most generous things anyone can do. Having hair almost down to my waist, I know how hard it is to cut if all off.

Devon

• jwbot
    jwbot

That is a really nice thing to do.

I am trying at this point to grow my hair out!

• glitter
    glitter

That's such an incredible thing to do - good for her!

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Thanks you guys, it sure took guts to cut that much hair off! Actuyally, i told this to a co-worker, & she said when she was 11 she had a benign braing tumor & her hair fell out, & how traumatic that was.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

So cool! When I read the title of your post, the first thing I thought of was Locks of Love. I do a charity event every spring (for Make-a-Wish and Locks of Love together) and a big part of my job is talking people into donating hair- not an easy sacrifice for the ladies to make! I adore anyone who gives up their hair for the kids. You did a great job raising such a generous, kind daughter.

• codeblue
    codeblue

awe...your daughter is awesome!!!!!!!

I would have to admit, if I were to cut 14 inches off my hair....I would cry...I have had long hair for years....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit