"God Protected Our Home in Florida..."

by FreePeace 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

BB:
    I remember hearing about that incident, too. I was living in Nottingham (England)at the time (actually Derby #1 Circuit). For months I had nightmares about someone coming into the Hall and throwing a grenade near me, with me jumping on it to save everyone else
    Ross - Last action hero, JW style - LOL

• kls
    kls

This is the first time i was able to look at this post because of heading. I thought gawd I'm not getting into to this but with all the replies i thought maybe it's not what i am thinking ,,,,,and it's not.

You had me going ,,lol and am so glad with all the destruction around you that your sense of humor is still intact

Glad all is ok

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Just wanted to say that we all appreciate your expressions of kindness!

A couple of you said you thought this was a serious thread... well it is, just not what you first think. I'm with you. As I stated above, the "God saved us" kind of thinking just makes me want to puke. It is the stuff of morons and shallow thinkers.

As far as an update, I'm now in St. George, Utah... got to do a couple of leadership seminars in Utah this week. Tracy and the boys are in a motel in Venice, Florida. They are doing well. The power is still not back on, but we have hope that it won't be too long.

It sucks that I was not able to get home and help. It is hard to deal with, but Tracy (Think41Self) is an incredible woman who knows how to take care of anything. That's just one of the things that I love about her... She has maintained an upbeat and cheerful attitude through this whole thing.

I hope everyone who dealt with Hurricane Charley faired well.

My best to all,

Doug Kelley

• Simon
    Simon

Glad it all worked out ok !!

• qwerty
    qwerty

I remember an experience at my Pioneeer school, that the CO related.

When he was first a special pioneer (Ireland I think he said) they were stuck for cash and couldn't afford new tyres for the car. To cut this short, basicly- he was in the middle of nowhere going around some country lane - there at the side of the road where 4 new tyres, just the right size for the car!

He put this down to Jehovah providing for him, and stole the tyres!

At the time I thought it was wonderful

Qwerty

• qwerty
    qwerty

Nice to hear you are OK !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Qwerty:
    I heard another one from Ireland where a pioneer had holey shoes. After walking over a freshly tarmacadamed road, one day, hey presto no more holes!!! Righteous blessings...

• qwerty
    qwerty

LOL!

I wonder if some stories are just Chinese whispers.

Qwerty

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    When he was first a special pioneer (Ireland I think he said) they were stuck for cash and couldn't afford new tyres for the car. To cut this short, basicly- he was in the middle of nowhere going around some country lane - there at the side of the road where 4 new tyres, just the right size for the car!

Lots of JW urban legends like this. I recall an experience about a pioneer who didn't have a bed to sleep on. They were driving down the road and PRESTO! There, lying in the middle of the road was a brand new mattress, still in the bag! Now, all Jehovah needed to do was bless him with a boxspring and a bedframe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit