Am I missing something here?

by Nocturne 12 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Nocturne, I know what you mean; the friends still come around from time to time at my store, not necessarily looking for me, but when I see them I'm happy to see them and we talk. They're just sure I'll come back. There are several congregations I've belonged to in this area so the brothers turn up from different ones. Since all I say is "I don't attend" I can't expect them to feel I have taken any kind of stand like you have.

But what surprises me is the people in my family who know how I feel about several issues/teachings and they still ask if I'll be going back soon. Funny. I know they have to hope since they believe it's a life and death decision.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Thanks blondie. That's great advice, next time they try to put me in a tight spot, I will turn it around on them.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hey Nocturne.. yeah that is not easy. I remember hearing a talk once about Satan and fishing, and how he will use every lure he can get get us out of the 'truth'...

fact of the matter, is they have a bag of lures and will try anything and everything they can to get us back in..

your mom number one is in denial.. she wants to believe you have not quite, which is why she hasn't told everyone.. plus (#2) she hope they will encourage you 'back'..

we're here to help you through the stages

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit