Our Florida Group!!!

by Sunnygal41 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, all of you who are in Florida, please, are you okay? Let us know, cuz I know that everyone must be really worried about you, as I am!!!

Terri

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Tallahassee area was spared. But things are looking bad in the areas in the path of Charley. At least 15 are dead, hundreds missing, and thousands homeless and even more without power. Gov. Bush said that the Punta Gorda area was the hardest hit, but that there is extensive damage elsewhere as well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5653487/

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

From what i hear, jacksonville is okay.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I talked to Joyzabel (Panama City) yesterday and they were bypassed by Bonnie and all is well there.

Safe4kids/Dana is fine too (Tampa area)

I have cousins in Fort Myers and they are good too.................they have a house built to withstand hurricanes but were caught unawares yesterday. We heard this morning that they are fine.

Venice's folks moved from Florida so they are safe, and still camping on Orcas Island.

Don't know about anyone else. If anyone hears from Tracy/Think41self (Dana's sister) please post here. They live in Port Charlotte, hit very hard yesterday.

• JH
    JH

Does Matty and Spice still live in that area? Anybody heard from them?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Thanks for the NEWS ! hope evrybody will be safe

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

So far, so good, anyone heard from Maverick? Last time I heard he said he was on a highpoint and felt confident that things were going to be okay where he was............

Hugs to everyone that is safe!

Terri

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I am in Orlando.. we got the worst of it..

.. okay, maybe not the worst.. but it sucked.

• Redneck
    Redneck

Taken it ya ok then SP?..

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I think that Maverick is okay, as our area (St. Pete/Tampa) wasn't hit nearly as hard as we expected. The Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area saw the worst of the storm as that is where it came ashore as a Category 4 storm. The pictures/videos of the destruction are something else and I'm so glad that I wasn't in the path. Tracy and family are okay, although I sweated it a bit yesterday waiting to hear from them after the eye passed through. Mostly, they're without power but didn't sustain much damage other than uprooted trees and some missing shingles. I haven't heard anything from Spice and Matty; I would imagine they are also without power and phone service.

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit