It WORKED!

by Iforget 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Iforget
    Iforget

I found this site by accident while looking for something on the computer for my son. I have been trying to log on but couldn't seem to get a password. Today I thought...hmm wonder if my spam folder caugh it. It HAD!

I have been reading these posts and a lot of times I get to the point of tears. I AM NOT ALONE. Raised in the truth father is an Elder and mom is full time Pioneer. Have been inactive for many years after lowering myself to be reinstated from being DF'd for 5. I missed my family.

You all give me hope. The cereal posts cracked me up...the thoughts the concerns...the walks down memory lane all jog memories. It was hard way to grow up but in the end has made me tolerant and strong. We were all held to a higher example being Elder's children.

Mom came to visit just the other day. She gets pretty excited about it because I have shut her out for the most part. A lot of pioneer school speak fell out of her mouth. She brought me the magazines. I can't even look at her because I just want to scream. It is what it is and they are content in their small world. I can accept that they did the best they could with what they had. No education makes for easy sheep.

Anyway....thanks for making me feel "normal"

• Odrade
    Odrade

Welcome Iforget.

No education makes for easy sheep.

Boy, you said it! glad you're enjoying poking around here.

O

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Welcome I forget !

• Valis
    Valis

welcome to the forum Iforget.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• jwbot
    jwbot

Welcome!

I too was an elders daughter!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Welcome, your story touches close to mine and I empathize. I wish I could forget.

• kls
    kls

Welcome iforget, i do all time to.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome and Howdy! Warning, stay away from me cause I'm bad! Mav

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Welcome, Iforget! I'm glad you're here.

Elder's daughter, too. He was right up there. Mom was the typical overnurturing homemaker.

I think the worst "thing" my parents put on me is one day, when I was about 11 or so, my mom told me that "..everything I say and do reflects on my father and his position in the congregation". THAT is a tough load to put on a child!

I was bribed with a car after sophomore year of highschool to quit school and go into the ministry, maybe become a pioneer, go to bethel, or find a husband. At 18, I found a husband and I just wasn't a good salesperson, because there were too many unanswered (didn't dare question) inconsistencies for me.

I've been out now since 1979. I've been here only a few weeks but it's nice to find others like me, and not like me, and see where they've been.

Hugs, and love to you on your journey.

Brenda

• zanex
    zanex

elders son here and totally relate...some things will never change about the way that they live their lives and the way they practice their religion. even when it comes to family...it IS good to know that we are not alone....

-Z-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit