HURRICANE CHARLIE - Catagory 4 now

by waiting 3 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

My best wishes for all in the path of this growing hurricane. As of 1:45pm Friday.....Hurricane Charlie is a Catagory 4 storm with 140 mph winds......coming into Sarasota heading NE from there.

We'll feel some of it in SC, but all take care in all these states.

Hurricane Hugo was a 5'er.....and it left approx. 11 people dead - 9 in Virginia. Spawned a ferocious amount of tornados.

lol - South has a LOT of lowland filled with water.

Take care, y'all.

waiting

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I know........and I'm a wreck. I have two daughters and a grandson (and many friends in/around Winterhaven FL) in the path of Charlie and I'm just sick with worry.

I tore myself away from the Weather Channel long enough to watch the Opening Ceremonies at the Olympics, but went right back to watching the updates all over the cable-news stations.

Sigh...it doesn't look very good, does it......

hugs,

Annie

I meant to say that I wish the best possible outcome for ALL those who are being affected by this awful storm.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Let's be careful out there.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My parents, both traveling separately, happened to be here on this Friday the 13th. They live just E. of Ft. Meyers which is where the storm hit landfall. It's been over 40 years since that area has been hit. They were right on the path. It was so great that they were here and not there where I had to worry. They actually live on higher ground, so all they have to worry about is the wind possibly knocking a tree on the house...but not the flooding. Plus my mom works for a broadcast company, so she was getting updates from the weatherguys...not by watching TV, but by calling them up and asking them personally...LOL

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit