strange experience yesterday

by boy@crossroads 12 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

the Mormons are in my neighborhood on Long Island as well....I see them every morning holding up signs on the highway about "read you Bible".

They seem like nice, conservative young men---the kind you would like your daughter to bring home ( or not!) . At least they look that way on the exterior.

good call, boy; about thinking that they must have parrallel lives to yours; I thought that their young manhood was being spent much as mine had been; namely in the "service of God"--and I use these quotes very sarcastically.

As a middle aged adult; I can look back at my childhood years, teenage years and early 20s, spent as a full time pioneer ( not dissimilar to these young Mormon men) and think :

what a waste of life; a waste of undiscovered laughter; young adulthood; a waste of energy ; a waste of opportunity .

There have been worse things done in the name of "GOD"; but wasting ones life has got to be one of the worst.

Frank

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mark Hacking may have been a Mormon, but not a very good one. They have surveillance video of him buying cigarettes the night before he reported his wife missing.

There were other reports of his getting in trouble when he did his mission work, years earlier, for dating girls in the area, something they aren't allowed to do during the two year mission................so they said.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Yea i read that too Mulan. Obviously this person was very confused. I mean he would devote a lot of his time and energy into making people believe that he was attending college when in fact he wasn't even enrolled.

Also I could tell that the boys in my public library were mormons b/c the one that was behind me was wearing a mormon name tag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit