What day was man created?

by Gadget 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gadget
    Gadget

According to the bibles account of creation, there seems to be a contridiction as to when man was created.

The theory accepted by most people I've spoken to is that, according to Gen 2:7, 7 And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul, stating that man was created on the seventh creative day.

However, Genesis 1:27 states that on the 6th creative day, 27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God?s image he created him; male and female he created them.

So were man created on the 6th or 7th creative day? And if God created man on the 7th day, then later created woman from man why does the bible state that he created man and woman at the same time on the 6th day?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There are two genesis accounts in the book called "Genesis". That's the second one.

I'm not aware of it being ascribed to any other day that the "sixth" which if you want a day of the week (as well) would be Friday before 6pm.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I'm not aware of it being ascribed to any other day that the "sixth" which if you want a day of the week (as well) would be Friday before 6pm.

Cool! Just in time for the weekend.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Not only do we know the day Gadget..here is a picture.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/garden_of_eden/gn02_07a.html

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:
    It works for me!!!

I suspect he truly was of Celtic origin.
    Between 6pm and opening time he was setting up a bar and chatting up the local talent!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Even though I don't believe the Mularkey, each "Day" was not a literal 24 hour day, but was 1,000 years. So then, according to this fallacious theory that the Dubs teach, Adam could have been created first, and then Eve could have been created within 1,000 years of Adam, and still be considered as both being created on the same "Day". As for the other contradiction as to whether man was created on either the sixth or seventh day, it just goes to show another of the many many many contradictions in the Bible...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ohio:1000 years?
    Contradiction between 6/7th day?

What leads you to those conclusions?
    Want to give us something to go on, here?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Cowboy..even the 1000 year being a day idea is man's idea.

If God was truly omnipotent time would not factor into his creative process...at least I would not think so.

If you subtract God from the creation project and subscribe to more of an evolutionary ideal, 1000 years does not allow for any significant changes to take effect.

BTW..Cowboy... if Adam had to watch all the anilmals having sex for a thousand years while waiting for a mate.... he probably had the first case of tennis elbow.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

what kind of man or human being ? I mean at whish stage of evolution (LOL) ok ok ok just kidding you guys ... I mean who knows finally

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I was taught while being raised in the dubs that 1 creation day equalled 1,000 years, and the scripture at 2 Peter 3:8 was used to show it.

8 However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit