Got a response from my mom...and I'm SO MAD

by Bubbamar 12 Replies latest social family

• Bryan
    Bryan

(((((((((((((((Bubbamar)))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear about your mother's communication. I know how you feel and hopefully, one day, she'll wake-up.

Bryan

• Farkel
    Farkel

bubbamer,

: Basically the letter was all about her - selfish and just and swirl of JWisms.

We have the same mother, then!

Farkel

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bubbmar, a rambling twelve-page reply must be written by someone teetering on the edge of sanity. The way I read her letter, your mom is mentally trapped by the society, in order to see her son someday. She knows it is wrong, but feels there is no way around it.

I think I am just going to ignore most of everything she said and just show interest in her life and let her know I care about her.

Good plan!

It blows my mind that she would tell me not to push for more from her.

She is warning you that she is mentally on the edge. She is afraid of being pushed off.

I can barely stand to interact with her because all she does is insult, judge and guilt me. Why on earth would I want more of that?!?! The ONLY reason I am pursueing anything with her is that I feel spiritually obligated.

Then, take her advice, and keep your interaction to infrequent letters. You may both be saner for it. To help your mom through the mental minefield she has put herself, it might help to reassure her that she has hope to see you in the New System. That surely Jehovah sees her lifetime of devoted service, and will surely honor her desire to be reunited with her family. How could a loving God desire to remove her from that? Especially since He cares for the tiniest needs of the sparrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit