Strange Coke ad

by meat pie 10 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello All, here in the UK at the moment, we have the Coca Cola ad that has the woman walking down some steps singing 'I wish I could...' and handing out opened bottles of coke to passersby. Well during the ad there are 2 separate ,bright double flashes of light. At normal speed they appear to be coming from her earings, but when recorded and played slowly with the pause button they are actually coming from under/behind a parked car in the near background.I doubt if they are there by accident.

They are a bit disturbing.

Has anyone else seen this, and what do you make of it, or have I just been reading too many conspiracy books?

Shirley.

• Valis
    Valis

maybe the camera guy just got lucky with a good shot.

I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,

Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,

I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

[Repeat the last two lines, and in the background:]

It's the real thing, Coke is what the world wants today.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like the work of the Hypnotoad!

http://www.r33b.net/

Obey the Hypnotoad!

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

• simplesally
    simplesally

How could this be sinister and what would the meaning be???

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

HA GOTCHA

• meat pie
    meat pie

Thanks for your replies so far.

Simple sally, I have no idea what the meaning might be, or if its sinister, but I found it a bit disturbing.I am sure not one single pixel ends up in a Coke ad that isn't meant to be there.

Confused... Excellent work!

Any more ideas?

S.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I haven't seen that one but I did see one from Dairy Queen where the guy gets his tongue caught in the mixer beaters. The first time they showed it you saw his tongue caught in the blades - really gross. Every time I have seen it since then the tongue shot has been removed. Hubby saw it too the first time so I know I wasn't imagining it.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I haven't seen the ad, but I would guess that they really just wanted to have her earrings flash, and added it in digitally because they didn't have the right light to get a strong enough effect naturally. The effect of it coming from underneath the car is an artifact.

If I wanted to get really paranoid I might think that they deliberately shifted it to look a bit artificial in order to give the subliminal conspiracy gang something to chew on. I mean, you are talking and thinking about Coke adverts now, right? For them, it's all good.

Or, you could take an even subtler approach and theorise that they deliberately made it look digitised because digitised is so new and cool and trendy and NOW.

Or maybe they have embedded hypnotic messages directly into your brain. They'll stoop to anything, those bastards. If you suddenly find yourself doing panto and eating raw onions as if they were apples, it might be time to start worrying (unless you've always done that, of course).

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Meat Pie,

Have you seen the new Nik Naks ad spoofing the chest bursting scene from Alien?

http://www.joeytomatoes.com/niknaksalien.htm

-

Ignored One.

• dh
    dh

god, you people are so blind.

it must be the demons!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit