by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I still am ("on the watch")

It's true.

Robyn

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I was pretty young in 1968 when they first started saying how 1975 was the 6000th year of man's existence, so I spent 7 years counting to down to when I was going to be destroyed. Pretty scary. When 1975 finally came I was a nervous wreck until 1976.

Country Grill

• lawrence
    lawrence

I was "on the watch" from 1971 - 1977; cutting out news articles and "correlating" them to Scripture (Daniel, Ezekiel, Revelation, etc.). I truly believed that 1975 was the end of 6000 years of human history and in the month of Tishri 1975 all the remaining plagues, bowls, and woes would begin to occur. I bought their chronology hook, line, and sinker. Aha! I was the one who sunk. The closer 1975 came, the more I pioneered, as others in the congos bought new cars and other purchases not believing they would have to pay for them. Faith is great!

• Preston
    Preston
    i was poor, ok? leave me alone.

Poor, but what a package!

• SAHS
    SAHS

Actually, I?m ?keeping on the watch? now. I?m keeping watch on my finances for the time when I will be in a reasonably good position to move out on my own?and then I won?t have to keep watching my watch to make sure I?m ready for the meeting, because there won?t be anyone to watch.

?SAHS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit