On The Day That I Finally Rejected My Faith...

by Englishman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I went to bed quite early. I slept and slept and slept.

When I awoke, I felt invigorated, excited and slightly surprised that I was still alive.

Is that how it was for you?

Englishman.

• ballistic
    ballistic

No, I had been discarded by the borg, and it took several years of denial, regrets, guilt and doubts before I finally realised, it was a slow process.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Nah, we went to 1/2 the morning session of the District Convention. Then we went to IKEA, then we went to dinner. Didn't go back to the D.C. the next day.

It was fun. and funny.

• Terry
    Terry

I was lying in bed just before drifting off to sleep and saying my prayers concentrating hard on making them sincere and meaningful. I suddenly had a huge moment of clarity! I WAS SIMPLY TALKING TO MYSELF! It was gone from that moment. I was free. It was a deception. It was an illusion. It was Santa Claus or Zorro or the Lone Ranger all over again. Childhood fantasy and nothing more.

I was free! When my faith vanished my life finally began in earnest. I now know what born again means!

No more apalling slavery to group think! Hooray.

Terry

• Magick
    Magick

no.

i cried and cried and cried.

i felt cheated and lied to. i was hurt, angry and resentful.

my 30 (thirty) years of "faith" had been a cruel, cruel joke. and i wasn't laughing.

it's like knowing the love of your life has cheated on you...

you can suspect for a long time,

but, nothing prepares you for -- finding out for sure.

you're left with a sick emptiness of betrayal.

• Carmel
    Carmel

The day I recieved the registered letter informing me of my dfing in absentia, I whooped it up, called a friend to go have a party.. Luckily he was stood up by his girl friend so we tied one on! Ewe we were bad in those days. Cured me of drinking at one fell swoop! Haven't had but a wee taste since and only been in the dumb hall for a couple of funerals and one time to show my wife what it was all about..

carmel

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I remember the day that I finally overcame the indoctrination and started looking at various websites, I especially remember listening to a MP3 file of a woman giving her JW experience on the TowerToTruth website, religion aside I found her experience to be so moving, there was absolutely no going back after that.

That was a great, great day.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't remember that well the "moment" or the night I fully rejected my faith. I do remember somewhere along the way waking up in a mild panic, wondering if I was doing the right thing...and finally being very relieved, like finally taking a deep breath, when I was sure it was not "the truth."

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

Hmmm. No, on that day you mention I felt quite alone. I was about 3 weeks ahead of my wife in leaving The Collective and I didn't know what was going to happen. At that point I knew I would never return. I knew it was inherently wrong and could never be "the truth". My wife wasn't there yet. I am happy to say those feelings passed quickly as my wife and children left for good in 1999. Glen

• shamus
    shamus
    Nah, we went to 1/2 the morning session of the District Convention. Then we went to IKEA, then we went to dinner. Didn't go back to the D.C. the next day.

That's about what happened to me, too. It was a DC, I was sick and tired of it, left at lunch and never went back to one ever. I didn;t feel the least bit guilty either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit