J.w at my door

by The rock 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The rock
    The rock

Hi Sally,

Most of them don't make their return visits! Would that made a good Witness then to promise to return and not do so. ? Lots of love Take care

I wish I was so lucky as to not having them come back.

• The rock
    The rock

Hi Emperor class,

Thank you for giving me their views. I will think it over and reply in a more detailed way.

Lots off love

Take care

Perhaps she was trying to allude to their witnessing work. They feel it's the most important work being done on earth right now, and that people are aligning themselves for or against God's Kingdom by their response to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Certainly she knows that "good works" alone do not distinguish true Christians, but according to the Bible faith does. Yet JW's use proof texts to show you need a combo-platter of "faith" AND "works" in order to please God.

So since faith isn't enough, perhaps that's why she talked about good works. Because JW's sometimes use that idea of "good works" to try to differentiate themselves from other religions, some get the impression that they're trying to work their way to salvation. But while that's not the official view point of JW's, they do teach that without good works one cannot be saved.

However JW's do not tend to orphans, build hospitals, or do other traditional charitable works. So by "good works" they do not mean that. They view such as hollow when compared to their all important ministry for salvation.

Their way of helping you is by giving you literature or offering Bible studies. If you have other problems, and you're not one of them, they will not "waste" time helping you unless you display a tremendous "interest" in their message.

• The rock
    The rock

Hi 1914

I wish I was so lucky as to not having them come back. Please tell me about it. It could help someone else not to join. Thank you Lots of love Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit