WT Sep 1 tribute to JWD and Silent Lambs

by ezekiel3 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

When I read this paragraph in the WT I couldn't help but think that numerous lawyers massaged the words before final approval.

The point about "

a report accused Witnesses of vandalizing churches" was clearly put in as a "strawman." The reasoning is that since a reasonable person would not believe that there witnesses vandalize churches at the approval of the WT, then the other accusations must also be false.

• Badger
    Badger

Notice that:

There was NO MENTION of child abuse (which is too much common knowledge to be denied or played down)

There was NO MENTION of the UN Scandal (which many are not aware of, and would lead to questions)

of course, the society didn't put this in because IT'S TRUE...must be one of the "Fair" reports in this case.

If they don't call the story out by name, the brothers and sisters could pigeonhole it in the "False accusation" category.

• minimus
    minimus

"Jesus.....teaches us to trust the faithful and discreet slave".....Oh really?? Where does the Bible say that??

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

You know what pissed me of about the FDS doctrine. It is wonderful until they explain what it means. They claim around 1919 Jesus took the talent from the churches to preach and gave it to them. THis is a fine concept. In no place when they are explaining this they say jesus wants you to listen to them, and submit your autonomy to them. THere is a weird disjunction that i dont even think they understand.

• minimus
    minimus

I notice lately, XQ's that you are not defending the Watchtower. Very good.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Have you seen the 2003 Yearbook, which says that Jehovah's Witnesses, during World War II, helped to construct Concentration Camps for the Nazis as part of "non-combatant service"?

• shamus
    shamus

They're bald face lying.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Have you seen the 2003 Yearbook, which says that Jehovah's Witnesses, during World War II, helped to construct Concentration Camps for the Nazis as part of "non-combatant service

Could anyone offer more about this? I know that they brag about being SS oficers barbers and domestics but not this particular crime.

I feel that as individuals they were lost in a cesspool of contradiction and loopholes. As soon as the organization began legislating morality, it's members began a course of justification for doing what is not specifically verboten rather than react naturally.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Peacefulpete,

I don't have the Yearbook with me at the moment, but I will try to post the quote as soon as I can.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I agree with you XQ that this is a stupid article, however I think you need to read more into what the wts is truly saying. When it says:

Although some news reports about Jehovah?s Witnesses are fair

What they really mean is that all news reports that put the Jehovah's Witnesses in a positive light are true.

And when the article states that:

at times the media let themselves be used to broadcast the biased voice of strangers.
    Any negative things being said by the media about Jehovah's Witnesses are false, or heavily biased at best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit