WTS hypocrisy? What exactly do you mean?

by Pole 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wednesday
    wednesday

You are straight on Farkel, there is no better example than the one you listed. A now it is being repeated somewhat, i read a thread here about JWS being mistaken for a sect of the muslim community. they had refused to register with the police. Same of thing. I do not know where that thread is, but it is not that old(last 6 weeks).

• Pole
    Pole

Thanks Farkel - that's exactly what I needed. This particular example woud make them fall under C on my tiny little silly continuum of hypocrisy...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Perhaps the term "hypocrisy" is favored, since the society has bandied it around to condemn the rest of Christendom. The boy has cried wolf one too many times, and now we see he grows whiskers too.

Matthew 5:7-9 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'

Matthew 23:13-29 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. " etc. etc. etc.

• avengers
    avengers
    Next time you see a thread started by me, think twice before reading it. You may get a heart attack or something.

This has nothing to do with you. It's just that the GB is the one group that normal words can't describe.
    As Farkel calls them scumbags. That's too good for them. They don't deserve such compliment.
    They destroy families, lives of little children they wash down the drain as if they have no value.
    They protect the pedophile and disfellowship the ones that protect the children.
    If this isn't hyprocrisy I don't know what is.
    Maybe I did come on too strong, but with a group of "people" like them I sometimes really
    get emotional.
    I never knew what hate was until I found out how the Watchtower really works.
    Jehovah and His Governing Body can go to hell together.
    edit that.

Andy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Andy,

I agree with you absolutely (but not in the same words) that the WTS teaches people to hate. They crow a lot about "christian love" but the reality is that they are teaching their followers good old-fashioned Satanic hate.

Ozzie

• Pole
    Pole

Andy,

They protect the pedophile and disfellowship the ones that protect the children.
    If this isn't hyprocrisy I don't know what is.
    Maybe I did come on too strong, but with a group of "people" like them I sometimes really
    get emotional.
    I never knew what hate was until I found out how the Watchtower really works.
    Jehovah and His Governing Body can go to hell together.
    edit that.

Got it.

I just wasn't sure about the way you used my little (be it poor quality) joke about "the standard textbook for apostates". You didn't even bother to include the emoticon in the quote you "cynical manipulator" :).

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with your conclusions. I just think it was still worth bringing this issue up to get posts such as those made by Lady Lee, Farkel and others on this thread.

Peace be with you...

Pole

• avengers
    avengers

Oz. i still think you're a great person.
    Hope to meet you one day and have a beer together.

Pole. Are you really from Poland?
    Ozzie is a little too far away to drive to, but Poland is no sweat.
    I'll drive right over and you better have the beer cold.
    If you don't believe me ask E-man.
    I have GermanXJW as a "witness"

Ha.

Andy

• Pole
    Pole
    Pole. Are you really from Poland?
    Ozzie is a little too far away to drive to, but Poland is no sweat.
    I'll drive right over and you better have the beer cold.
    If you don't believe me ask E-man.
    I have GermanXJW as a "witness"

Yep. Central Poland. Roads are really bumpy narrow and patchy over here - all the way from the German border, so you'd better be careful. But the beer is really good, although not so well known or over-advertised as your Dutch brands. If you ever happen to be around I'l have some of it ready for you...

P

• avengers
    avengers
    But the beer is really good, although not so well known or over-advertised as your Dutch brands. If you ever happen to be around I'l have some of it ready for you...

P

Those are magic words for many here on JWD.
    Expect an invasion.

Andy

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Off-topic I know but:

Andy,

around this time next year suit you? We must see Viv too. Grolsh will do me fine.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit