Genesis: Waters and Expanse

by dreamer 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dreamer
    dreamer

Just a little niggle I have:

In Genesis 1:6-10 it talk of how the 'waters' were divided into upper and lower with an expanse in between. This expanse became known as 'heaven', the waters underneath the heaven became the foundation of Earth. What happened to the waters ABOVE the expanse?

All replies greatly appreciated...

Dreamer

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The physical "heaven" that was fromed on day two remain to this day. They are the holding place for the rain "water."

Why does God not say this act of seperating water into above and below on the second is "Good?"

Day two is the only "day" with no "good" associated with it. (Besides verses one and two, which were before day one...)

What is the answer?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest 'dreamer'... may you have peace!

The 'water' never 'went' anywhere.

Exodus 30:17-21
    Revelation 4:6
    Revelation 22:1

Just as it is contained in the physical realm as H20, it is also contained in the spiritual one... as holy spirit... the 'water of life', 'life's water'... and 'the bath that cleanses'. That is why the priests had to bathe in the copper basin, to symbolize being CLEANSED, in the manner that we must be 'bathed' in holy spirit to be 'cleansed'.

What took place on the second day, however, was not labeled 'good', as the water was not 'created', as were "Light", the "Earth", the "heavens", "the luminaries", "vegetation", etc. Only that which was created was deemed 'good'. The water, HOLY SPIRIT, however, along with JAH and 'Darkness'... already existed. None of the three were 'created'.

Thus, 'God saw everything that He had MADE... and look! it was good'.

Genesis 1:31

I hope this helps, and bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• kes152
    kes152

Hi dreamer,

The water that is above the expanse is still there....

If you notice .... what was put IN the expanse BETWEEN the waters was the SUN, MOON, STARS, etc. In other words... the Physical universe.

Genesis 1:14-19

So this water that was ABOVE the expanse was actually "outside" the physical universe.... in the "spiritual universe," HEAVEN.

Is there water in heaven?

Yes!

Genesis 7:11
    John 4:14
    Revelation 4:6

In Noah's day, spiritual water fell from heaven, traveled through the physical universe ... and "transfigured" into physical water (like manna did) and flooded the earth.

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Well here's my 2 cents.

The water above the expanse was condensed and then became FROZEN into solid ice. Other scriptures confirm it was like rock and was hard, thus the earth was surrounded by a clear ice bubble and that explains how there was a hot-house effect on the earth.

But then at the time of the Flood this ice sheet was melted. Remember there was darkness for 7 days before the flood started, thus likely this was the conversion of the ice into dense clouds which after finally becoming melted began to rain down on the earth, but it was so much water that it covered the highest mountains.

But then, "winds" were used to dissipate the waters back into outer space. These winds could have taken the form of "waterspouts" which funneled the majority of the water back into outer space until the water drained off the land. Also the Bible says the floodgates underneath the earth were released, thus likely there was some contraction of underground vaults that forced water onto the surface of the ground as well, thus some of the water returned into this underground water cisterns after the flood as well most likely.

Anyway, after the ice canopy was no more, the hot-house effect ceased and that is when seasons began and the system we have now of evaporation of water off the oceans and rain upon the dry land. Before that, everything was watered from underneath the ground.

That's my best explanation according to the Bible.

LG

• AGuest
    AGuest

Not bad, Josh...

But if the water 'above' the expanse turned into ice and then melted... which flooded the earth... and then the winds caused the water to be taken away from the earth in perhaps the form of waterspouts... where is the water 'in outer space'?

Just askin'...

A slave of Christ, who knows, by the holy spirit that is in me by means of my Lord, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, that you can get into THE most powerful rocketship earthling man has to offer... and STILL never make it to the 'glassy sea'... for it does not 'exist' in the physical universe and NO rocketship can get you... flesh with its blood... INTO the spiritual one (John 3:5; 14:6)

Uh, just my Lord's $0.02...

• dreamer
    dreamer

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I can appreciate the idea of the waters above being the 'spiritual' foundation of the universe, but the bible doesn't actually say that...I would have thought that there would be more mention of it, if that were the case.

Maybe He's still waiting to use it...?

Dreamer

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Maybe he's still waiting to use it...

Revelation 22:1 (gotta read it, though...)

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• kes152
    kes152

"I can appreciate the idea of the waters above being the 'spiritual' foundation of the universe, but the bible doesn't actually say that..

Some of "us" didn't say that either. Some of "us" said it was water for spirits .... "life's water"

Revelation 4:1, 2
    John 4:14

;-)
    Aaron

• AGuest
    AGuest

Amen and amen, dear little one...

May JAH bless... to time indefinite!

Your servant, sister and fellow slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this