Service Time Records and Recording

by c5 22 Replies latest jw friends

• c5
    c5

Hello!!

Does anyone still have thier old service time slips? I still have all of mine dating back to when I first started counting my time! I always kept a copy for myself besides the one I turned in.

It is kinda fun to go back and see what I did back then. I even recognize the different writing styles I experemented with.

Along these lines, were any of you meticulous about keeping track of service time? I knew some people who kept track of thier time down to the minute! The older I got, the more likely I rounded up in my time, but only in 15 minutes increments.

Did you know of anyone who fudged thier time in order to keep up with the national average? I admit to doing so a couple of times. I promptly made up that time and did not count it the next month.

Curious to hear your service time tales!

• RR
    RR

girlfriend, if ever I met a person who needs a new hobby it is you!

RR

• qwerty
    qwerty
    Did you know of anyone who fudged thier time in order to keep up with the national average?

Yep me! Because toward my exit I didn't care what I put down.

Qwerty

• c5
    c5

Shame on you Qwerty! Just kidding.

I have aquired a few new hobbies since leaving the JW's RR, but I think they are still are pretty boring for most!

Yooooooo hooooo, Noapoligies,,,where are you???????????? Did you every cheat on your time?

• Confucious
    Confucious

C5, I never fudged it, but near the end of my pioneer days I did have only a little actual door to door time. Most of it was return visits.

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

I have my time books (got them from a dub biz in the midwest that sells witless stuff). I averaged 21 hours from 1991-1993. Damn, I was awesome!

• c5
    c5

Confucious,

Toward the end of my pioneering days, the majority of my time was "laundrymat-to-landrymat". I always hated service, but it got to a point where I could only bear quickly sneaking in the laundry mat and leaving the mags, making a mad dash back to the car, then slowly driving to the next laundrymat in a town far far away!

Glenmore,

Yes, if I recall, that was well above the national average back then! You should have been proud, lol!

I was talking to my X, and he told me that he would count 10 hours on his time when he never even went out at all that month! I wish I had not been such a "good jw" in my heyday. Seems lots of people got away with lying on thier time!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I wish I had not been such a "good jw" in my heyday. Seems lots of people got away with lying on thier time!

I am with you on that.

I never cheated on my time. But I knew someone who was never seen out during the month and would put down an exaggerated number of hours. I mean it was crazy. One month he put down well over 100 when every one knew he worked the whole month.

Btw, I do cheat now. At the end of the month I give a very rosy report. I make sure I fill in all the slots. And I laugh my head off as I hand it in.

Wannaexit

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

C5

50% of my time is laundromat

10% is house to house the

other 40% is phone service home watching TV (just between me and you all)

• c5
    c5

Wannaexit,

You name is appropriate then with your actions! It is nice you can find things that keep you laughing while having to be in the jw.

DaCheech,

I like your 40% of time spent in "service", lol! Do you do the 10 percent just so that the congregation at least thinks you legitimately go in service?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit