Thanks folks! It?s been real

by fraidycat9 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Strange enough, this is my first and only topic started. I've come a long way from 1 year 7 months and 8 hours ago. I will not say the ?G? word, but I do feel it?s time that I move on. This decision comes from having read others? experiences and feeling sad and angry over and over again after having read them; I countered mostly by responding to "fluff" and "feel good" topics. I originally joined this forum because I needed to know that the things that I experienced as a JW were not ?all in my head?. I NEEDED validation. I got what I needed early on. Validation came over and over and over again, but did I leave? Naww! I never intended to stay. Somehow, along the way I got addicted to being here. Again, I repeat, I never intended to stay. While I must agree that this place has been a place of solace and healing for me; I always knew in my heart that I never really ?belonged?. I was never ?at home? here but never felt unwelcome. However, it was a nice long visit and I was treated with respect; but like any other visitor, there comes a time when you realize that it?s time to go home. That time is now. I sort of view my stay here as a lesson in understanding how having lived the JW life really affected me and my family; meant to me and my family and what it means to us now, if anything. Time for me to stand on my own two feet. How many more times can I read in heart wrenching detail the experiences of those who have been hurt time and time again and not be affected? What I?m trying to say in my own clumsy way is this: Lesson learned. You were truly the Great Teachers. Peace. Out.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Best of luck!

You are welcome to pop in for a visit any time.

• Badger
    Badger

Kyrie Laison

• Special K
    Special K

All the best to you fraidycat.

Go in peace and enjoy life to the fullest.

Special K

• RR
    RR

Good to hear ... these forum only serve a purpose for so long and then it's time to move on and get a life, put the borg behind you and channel all that energy into something more powerful, meaningful. Have a good life and I don't want to see you on here again!

RR

• Purza
    Purza

Glad you got some validation. Best of luck to you.

Purza

• waiting
    waiting

adios, cat. come back & visit now & again. always new names & some old ones.......but always stuff 'bout jw's.

Enjoy your freedom!

waiting

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I

never really ?belonged?.

I wonder why? What does it take for one to belong? I though it was shared experience.

I can relate to the addiction part. How did you break it?

Anyway - my best to you dear.

• kls
    kls

It makes me so glad when i read that someone can leave here and move on, my best to you through your life.

• gumby
    gumby

Don't let the door hit ya on the w...................just kiddin!

Take care and good luck

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit