Fired for eating pork........

by closer2fine 40 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

They better hope I don't end up on the Jury. I'll just keep stalling the verdict for more lunches.

(prima facie - hmmmm sounds good, I think I'll have that)

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

If these Muslims were that worried about someone eating pork, then perhaps they should have hired a Muslim.

Unless, of course, they bypassed a Christian, Jew, Athiest, Hindu, or any other qualified candidate for the job solely because of that candidate's religious beliefs. That candidate could then file legitimate charges of discrimination against the company.

• avishai
    avishai

Great post shoshanna!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    "(Then) shouldn't you be able to accommodate all faiths in the same lunch room?" Holfeld asked.

"We do, we can," Kweli said.

"But you've dismissed one of your employees for eating pork in the lunch room," Holfeld said.

I believe that anyone can make a mistake given that pork is part of their daily diet. She was not consuming this food in front of customers, she was in the lunch room according to the owners of the company. Good grief a BLT sandwich is something like a glass of H2O you don't give it much thought before you order it, unless you are like me and despise tomatos.

The company states it is not in writing, unless they have signs in the lunch room. So if she brought a bologna sandwich ( made with pork and chicken) does the management have the right to assure that that bologna is truly beef bologna and not chicken and pork? I think the mistake could have been made very easily IMO. Hotdogs are the same, beef or chicken and pork.

They are imposing their religious beliefs on another and this is not allowed, period. I can see people now reading the fine print on every item they want to bring to work to eat for lunch, it's crazy. I'm sure others have broken the policy without even knowing using the few examples I cited.

Cassi, it that a pork egg roll or chicken?

• TonyT
    TonyT

Can an intolerant christian fire a gay employee based on his "religious" beliefs?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Can an intolerant christian fire a gay employee based on his "religious" beliefs?

There ya go... that is my point exactly. Religious descrimination comes in two basic forms:

1. Treating someone differently because they hold a certain belief.
    2. Treating someone differently because they don't hold a certain belief.
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

No, but he can request that the employee doesn't have gay sex in the workplace. Discrimination?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

She was warned..

Morales, who is Catholic, was warned about eating pizza with meat the Muslim faith considered "unclean,"..
  • Mary
    Mary
    Can an intolerant christian fire a gay employee based on his "religious" beliefs? No, but he can request that the employee doesn't have gay sex in the workplace. Discrimination?

You can't possibly compare having sex in the workplace to someone eating a BLT. Virtually ALL businesses have a "no sex in the workplace" rule. This has nothing to do with their religious beliefs either---it's just common sense and in most cases---it's the law. Like I said in a previous post, if a Witness owned a business and one of their employees brought in blood sausage for lunch, would the Witness have the right to fire them? No, they wouldn't. And this is no different.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

For all they know, it could have been Turkey Bacon!

I wonder if she could have been fired for Porking in the Workplace???!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit